What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon

Weekly RoundUp 5-29-2018
WRU-Banner-2018a-1024x661.jpg

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…

The Features

full

– Midnight Cowboy – 1969

full

– Annihilation – 2018

full

– Au Hasard Balthazar – 1966

full

– The Man Who Watched Trains Go By [aka The Paris Express] – 1952

full

– The Reincarnation of Peter Proud – 1975
full

– Odds Against Tomorrow – 1959

Weekly RoundUp 5-29-2018

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey RoundUppers!

Kind of an odd week for new releases. Pretty quiet but maybe there's a release that you've been waiting for for a very long time!

Good luck and safe shopping!

And, Happy Memorial Day!

5QBa.gif

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Looking forward to getting The Man Who Watched Trains Go By. This is a blind buy from ClassicFlix for me.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I wasn’t able to see Annihilation in theaters, but I’m considering a blind buy.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike.

I'll wait for some reviews to see if Criterion's Midnight Cowboy is a significant step-up from MGM's already released Blu-ray. I'm sure the bonuses are excellent, but I'm more curious about what the transfer looks like.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I liked ex machina so I may check out annihilation. Very odd that the 4K is a Best Buy exclusive. Usually their exclusives are older catalog titles not new releases.

J. Carr

Auditioning
Real Name
John Carr
Not much this week; however, I did see a "forgotten" favorite -- Cold Turkey! I saw this in the theater in the 60s and had almost forgotten it. It was a hoot! One of Dick Van Dyke's best theatrical efforts. Worth a blind buy if you're a Dick Van Dyke fan.

Thanks, Mike, for all you work. It's much appreciated, even more so now that TVShowsonDVD has closed down! Not a good sign for the future of our favorite medium....

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you for your work as always, Mike!

Nothing for me this week.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I missed Annihilation in the theater so will probably do a blind buy of the 4K this afternoon. That's it for me this week,

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm still curious as to why Annihilation would sign a 4K exclusive with BB until essentially November. Did they just not anticipate it would sell at all, and so better to take the money offered by BB? Again for catalog titles I understand (even if I don't approve of them). But for a new release, I find it puzzling.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I saw Paddington 2 blu-ray at Walmart tonight for $14.96. Just make sure you're getting the regular/standard edition. They also have some kind of special edition with a Walmart exclusive bonus item. That one will ring up at $28.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I saw Paddington 2 blu-ray at Walmart tonight for $14.96. Just make sure you're getting the regular/standard edition. They also have some kind of special edition with a Walmart exclusive bonus item. That one will ring up at $28.

I guess a Walmart trip is in my future. The kids keep asking me about getting this one and I’ve been waiting for a bit of a price drop.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Not much this week; however, I did see a "forgotten" favorite -- Cold Turkey! I saw this in the theater in the 60s and had almost forgotten it. It was a hoot! One of Dick Van Dyke's best theatrical efforts. Worth a blind buy if you're a Dick Van Dyke fan.

And Amazon has already price-dropped to $16.45. I'd call Amazon and ask for an adjustment. They don't HAVE to, but a reasonable rep should.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks