What's new
World Wide Stereo

65" C8 or 65" E7 LG OLED? (1 Viewer)

Brian Price

Stunt Coordinator
Just looking for opinions. Debating between getting a 2017 LG E7 OLED or a 2018 LG C8 OLED. If I can get the E7 cheaper than the C8 should I go with that? Is there a significant difference with the 2018 8 series OLED's compared to the E7? Thanks in advance for any comments.

728x90

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
2018's are noticeably brighter with HDR, less ABL, and have better video processing. If it is in your budget, don't buy 2017 because it's cheaper, especially if you are someone who keeps a tv for a while. Get the latest and greatest. The tv's that are our this year really won't need replacing for awhile, the next thing is HDMI 2.1 and 8k, neither of which is huge for the normal tv market IMO. I am gonna ride these two Sony's for awhile.

In the case of the Sony, it makes full sense to get the A1E at a cheaper price, they are basically the same except for cosmetics, other than my A8F is more uniform. People seem to agree the 2018 LG panel, which is in my A8F, is more uniform than the 2017 too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks