Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Sam Posten submitted a new blog post

Suspiria (2018) - Bluray review
tmp_wYuszr_58abcf0843e08040_MCDSUSP_EC068-1024x554.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks for the review, Sam. I am a big fan of Argento's films, and especially love his Suspiria. I may check this out eventually via streaming as a rental as a comparison, but don't really want to spend my hard earned dollars on a blind purchase of the BD release. Since Amazon Studios was involved in the production, it may even show up for free viewing for Prime members.

FYI, Amazon is selling a 4K/UHD streaming version of the film for $14.99, so there is a 4K transfer out there.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the review, Sam. I am a big fan of Argento's films, and especially love his Suspiria. I may check this out eventually via streaming as a rental as a comparison, but don't really want to spend my hard earned dollars on a blind purchase of the BD release. Since Amazon Studios was involved in the production, it may even show up for free viewing for Prime members.

FYI, Amazon is selling a 4K/UHD streaming version of the film for $14.99, so there is a 4K transfer out there.
I see HD and SD streaming versions available to purchase on Amazon (both for $14.99), but no 4K/UHD streaming version.

There is an upcoming German UHD release, but no word yet on whether it will have English-subs for the German dialogue scenes.

EDIT: Nevermind, now I see it. It's a completely different listing. Given how sparse the extras are on the Blu-ray, I'll probably just go for the 4K streaming version myself.

Vincent

Last edited:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I see HD and SD streaming versions available to purchase on Amazon (both for $14.99), but no 4K/UHD streaming version.

There is an upcoming German UHD release, but no word yet on whether it will have English-subs for the German dialogue scenes.

EDIT: Nevermind, now I see it. It's a completely different listing. Given how sparse the extras are on the Blu-ray, I'll probably just go for the 4K streaming version myself.

Vincent
Just bought the 4K/UHD version from Amazon ($14.99).

sultan of cinema

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
I saw Argento's original Suspiria twice in row on the day of it's release. Up until that time I had seen all of his previous films theatrically, mostly in empty theaters. I knew then in 1977 and know now it could never be duplicated. The colors would be too hard to compete with, which is why this almost 3 hour bore fest was devoid of color. Directors and writers need to know that you do not remake Jaws, Raiders, Cool Hand Luke, etc. We have had to sit thru torture tests of the remakes of The Time Machine, Planet Of The Apes, The Getaway and Straw Dogs. I know folks are getting excited talking about Mel Gibson's remake of The Wild Bunch and am glad the Stallone remake of The Dirty Dozen never materialized. I was lucky to see all of the classics in the theaters during their original releases from 1963 on and only watched the Suspiria remake after speaking with my son, who also despised the film. A little arty, yes, but on the whole, why?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks