What's new

Pre-Order Arabesque (1966) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
240406_front.jpg

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
Wow! Agreed, it's not nearly as good as Charade, but it's still a lot of fun (if a bit all over the map) and Sophia Loren is breathtakingly in her gorgeous Christian Dior wardrobe. Universal must have decided to release this because of director Stanley Donen's recent passing. Thank you, Universal!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
MIRAGE, which I consider to be the other Universal film of the period to (try to) ape the CHARADE suspense thriller format, is now out in Europe and might hit Blu-ray here, at the rate the studio's titles are flying at us lately.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Henry Mancini for me could do no wrong with his 1960s scores. Oftentimes I looked forward to his music as much as I did seeing the movie, and while I was disappointed we got rerecorded versions of the scores on LP instead of soundtracks, they were better than nothing and got frequent replay in my bedroom. I practically wore out Breakfast at Tiffanys, Charade, The Great Race, and Two for the Road.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Henry Mancini for me could do no wrong with his 1960s scores. Oftentimes I looked forward to his music as much as I did seeing the movie, and while I was disappointed we got rerecorded versions of the scores on LP instead of soundtracks, they were better than nothing and got frequent replay in my bedroom. I practically wore out Breakfast at Tiffanys, Charade, The Great Race, and Two for the Road.

A number of Mancini's 60's-70's scores have been re-issued in expanded editions that include music from the actual soundtracks, in the proper order. Check out Screen Archives for availability.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I think this is Sophia Loren at her most beautiful and alluring. I own the German Blu-ray and if this is an improvement over that (I doubt it) I'll certainly upgrade.

not disputing that fact, but then we don't have a high def release of Operation Crossbow , or proper HD releases stateside of El Cid, or Fall of the Roman Empire to compare to.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A number of Mancini's 60's-70's scores have been re-issued in expanded editions that include music from the actual soundtracks, in the proper order. Check out Screen Archives for availability.
I know that and have several of them (including the ones for the four movies I named). I hope anyone who wasn't aware of that fact will check them out. They are sensational releases and great companions to Mancini's original record releases.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
not disputing that fact, but then we don't have a high def release of Operation Crossbow , or proper HD releases stateside of El Cid, or Fall of the Roman Empire to compare to.

Id love to see all of those on Blu-ray. Operation Crossbow is a fun world war 2 mission film

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks