Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Sam Posten submitted a new blog post

Hedwig and the Angry Inch - Bluray Review
hed-1024x410.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
While I've found that a well-performed live production is more emotionally-engaging, I absolutely love this film.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Got a recommended version?
Well, I was talking about going to a live performance, but there is a pro-shot video of the original Off-Broadway production floating around that's pretty great. You lose the intimacy of being in the audience, of course, but it's still great to see the original cast and see how the play differs from the film. I was honestly surprised at how well Mitchell was able to translate the show to a completely different medium, since the play relies so much on the audience feeling like they're at an actual concert by Hedwig. If you ever get the chance to see a good production of the show, I highly recommend it. It's an exciting piece of Theatre.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Well, I was talking about going to a live performance, but there is a pro-shot video of the original Off-Broadway production floating around that's pretty great. You lose the intimacy of being in the audience, of course, but it's still great to see the original cast and see how the play differs from the film. I was honestly surprised at how well Mitchell was able to translate the show to a completely different medium, since the play relies so much on the audience feeling like they're at an actual concert by Hedwig. If you ever get the chance to see a good production of the show, I highly recommend it. It's an exciting piece of Theatre.

Cool, thanks. Like I said I didn't have any exposure to the film before now but will keep my eyes open for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.