What's new

Arrow (Season 8) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The eighth and final season of the emerald archer's saga will premiere Tuesday, Oct. 15 at 9/8c on the CW.

Season 1 thread
Season 2 thread
Season 3 thread
Season 4 thread
Season 5 thread
Season 6 thread
Season 7 thread

When we last left Oliver Queen, he had gotten his wife and newborn daughter safely into hiding. But before he could enjoy a quiet life with them, he had to take off again: The Monitor appeared, looking to collect on their bargain from last year's crossover event. As the season ended, Oliver departed with the Monitor on a mission to have the multiverse.

After recurring last season, Joseph-David Jones (Diggle's adopted son Connor Hawke), Katherine McNamara (Oliver's daughter Mia), and Ben Lewis (Oliver's son William) have been promoted to series regular status -- suggesting the storyline set in a post-apocalyptic Star City decades in the future will continue to feature prominently. Charlie Barnett (Chicago Fire) has joined the CW drama’s eighth and final season in the series-regular role of John Diggle, Jr. Colin Donnell and Josh Segarra will both appear in the new season, having previously starred in the first and fifth seasons respectively.

The season premiere is titled "Starling City" and features a return to the Queen mansion, seen burned to the ground last season -- suggesting time travel and/or other Earths may be involved with the new season.

Comic-Con 2019 "Sizzle":

(Mostly old footage from the first seven seasons; the new footage starts at 1:55.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
They added four new series regulars for the final season, so I'm not surprised that they're trimming the fat a bit. I think they anticipated using him more than they did when they brought him back as a series regular.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Here is the Season 8 tease from TVline.

ARROW
As suggested by the Season 7 finale, Oliver will be doing the Monitor’s bidding until the “Crisis” crossover kicks off in December. And though Oliver assumed he’d fly solo on this task-based mission, “a familiar encounter” will lead him to realize “he’s not going to be allowed to do it alone,” says series lead Stephen Amell. (As David Ramsey told TVLine, “Diggle has always been on Oliver’s side, and it will be no different in Season 8. We’ll see them get even tighter, in ways that they haven’t been before.”) Co-showrunner Marc Guggenheim — acknowledging that Arrow is “fundamentally a different show without Emily [Bett Rickards],” who played Felicity — says that the first seven episodes of the 10-episode farewell run offer “an opportunity to really look back on the first seven seasons, which is very gratifying.” And as it does so, watch for a return to “stunts that we’ve never seen before,” says Guggenheim, while Amell adds, “We’re going to try to develop a sense of humor for Oliver — in the nick of time!”

BONUS SPOILER!: In the future storyline with Mia, Connor et al, “We get to do something with Team Arrow 2.0 that we didn’t get a chance to do with 1.0, which is tell the story of their growing pains,” says Guggenheim. “That’s a lot of fun.”

RETURN DATE: Tuesday, Oct. 15 at 9/8c (The CW)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Per TVline it has been confirmed that Willa Holland (Thea Queen) will not just guest star in one episode but will recur during the last 10 episodes.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
She was the one I most wanted back for this final run of episodes. Other than Oliver's two children, his only surviving blood relation.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
From TVline: Not sure how I feel about this. Don't like the idea of Stephen Amell being sidelined for a backdoor pilot especially with only 10 episodes. However if this is filmed at the same time as the Crisis, he might not be available to Arrow at that time anyway.

Arrow Spinoff Is in the Works: Who Will Star? And Who's the New Green Arrow?

arrow-8x01-laurel.jpg

Courtesy of The CW

Arrow proper may be ending in early 2020, but some of its characters are poised to carry on — via an offshoot.

TVLine has learned that The CW and Warner Bros. TV are developing a potential spinoff of the Arrowverse’s flagship series, to be introduced as a backdoor pilot during Arrow Season 8.

Arrow vets Katie Cassidy and Juliana Harkavy, along with Season 7 addition Katherine McNamara, are set to star in the new project as Canaries Laurel Lance and Dinah Drake, and Mia Smoak. For this spinoff, Mia, apparently, will formally pick up the mantle of Green Arrow (which of course originated with her father, Oliver Queen).

TVLine has not been able to confirm that the spinoff would be set circa 2040, as much as McNamara’s casting strongly indicates it will be.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
On one hand, it's completely bizarre that the Arrowverse's most grounded show is going full science fiction -- time travel, universe-hopping, etc. -- for its final season.

On the other hand, that's the best "Arrow" has looked in years. I'm excited having Oliver, Diggle, and Black Siren going on this journey together. The extended Team Arrow of the last couples seasons got really tedious.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The only episodes of season 7 that I watched were the Elseworlds one and the very end of the season finale. I might try to still watch the end of season 6 and the rest of season 7, but I doubt it. I do plan to watch season 8 as it looks like it will tie into Crisis heavily.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Per IMDb Arrow airs a new episode every week from October 15 to November 26 (Thanksgiving week) 7 episodes. No new episode first week in December. Crisis starts Sunday December 8th on Supergirl. Unclear if all the shows will be off the first week of December but it wouldn't surprise me. CW loves to build up the anticipation. Arrow resumes on January 14th with its Crisis episode. January 21 is the backdoor Mia and the Canaries pilot . No name or date for the next episode which is the series finale.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Oh My God that was f*ucking fantastic. They nailed it. If you dropped Arrow pick it up for these final episodes. I kind of figure out how it was going to go but I enjoyed the ride. Loved Diggle and Oliver together.
Still not a fan of 2040 but the main story hit it out of the park.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Oh My God that was f*ucking fantastic. They nailed it.
I agree, the best the show's been in years.

The combination of the shorter run and building toward "Crisis on Infinite Earths" really gives the show a momentum and an urgency. The set up, with Oliver completing missions for the Monitor, makes the show episodic in the best way. Instead of lingering on a storyline that would have eaten up half a season normally, we burn through it in a single episode.

Loved seeing the Earth-2 versions of Moira, Malcolm, and Tommy. Loved that Black Siren finally properly redeemed herself on Earth-2, and with the best Black Canary costume yet. Loved the setup with Oliver, Diggle, and Earth-2 Laurel basically on a road trip this season.

If you dropped Arrow pick it up for these final episodes.
I second this as well. I think anybody who enjoyed the first few seasons of "Arrow" will enjoy this run as well.

Still not a fan of 2040 but the main story hit it out of the park.
Last year I didn't mind going to the 2040 storyline, because the present day storyline was so blah. But now, everything with Oliver is so great that I hate to cut away to the future.

I do hope that the time-jumping, universe-hopping nature of this season means that we'll get to see Oliver repair his relationship with William and get to know his daughter.

TV Line has a good interview with showrunner Beth Schwartz about the season premiere.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I had forgotten but I saw mentioned in comments from TVline that when Barry and Cisco went to Earth 2 in season 2 of the Flash, it was mentioned in the background that Robert Queen had been unmasked as the Green Arrow. Not so last night.
Are we going to blame it on Flashpoint?

Also what about Jessie Quick and Harrison Welles of Earth 2? Was Jessie on Earth 3 helping Jay because he was losing his powers? Was Harrison with her? Did they die when Earth 2 was destroyed? Also Barry, Iris, and Killer Frost of Earth 2 are now gone as well as Barry's Mom.

Last edited:

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Rest In Peace, Earth-2. Fantastic episode except for the future stuff. Mia and Friends are a bore to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks