What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Arrow (Season 8) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Arrow will be replaced next year by a new series called "Green Arrow and the Canaries," which will star Kat McNamara ("Mia") as Green Arrow with Katie Cassidy and Juliana Harkavy as the Canaries.
Yeah, that's why they're wasting all of this time with the flash fowards, even though Oliver's got a full 42 minutes worth of shit to do in the present day.

I don't mind a show built around Mia, and Earth-2 Laurel is a lot of fun, but Juliana Harkavy has never clicked with me on this show. Not a good performance, and not a particularly well written character.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I think I would prefer a Ralph and Sue Dibny spinoff of the Flash and they haven't even cast Sue yet. It could be part superhero part procedural and lighthearted. At least it would be different. Eric Wallace the executive producer of The Flash said it was possible.

From the Newsrama article linked above here is a mock up of a comic for the new series. Don't know why they are all blonde but maybe it is a requirement to join the team.

EG76-ISU4AAcbsv

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Another home run for Arrow. On the road to Crisis. The best this show has been since season 5. We have a story and it advances every week. Love that John Diggle is by Oliver’s side. Laurel was great in the episode. Still not interested in the Diggle brothers which seems to be the story of 2040.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Don't know why they are all blonde but maybe it is a requirement to join the team.
Mia is blonde because Oliver and Felicity were blonde. The others are probably blonde because Black Canary has traditionally been blonde.

Another home run for Arrow. On the road to Crisis. The best this show has been since season 5. We have a story and it advances every week. Love that John Diggle is by Oliver’s side. Laurel was great in the episode.
It was nice to revisit another chapter of Oliver's life. Katana was one of the characters that was made off limits once Warner Bros. decided to make Suicide Squad. Not sure if they got one-off permission since this is the final season of "Arrow", or if she was made available again since the character isn't part of James Gunn's lineup for the sequel.

It was interesting getting confirmation that Harbinger is in fact Earth-1's Lyla and not a doppelganger from another Earth. It sure looks like she's been working as an agent of the Monitor for quite some time.

Really looking forward to Thea's return next week.

Still not interested in the Diggle brothers which seems to be the story of 2040.
The future storyline as a whole is a real drag so far this season. Presumably at some point the present day storyline is going to intersect with the future storyline, but until that happens it's really tedious.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Do you think John is still alive in the future? If so will we meet him? I could see John and Lyla being absent parents but find it a little hard to believe they would neglect one son for the other no matter how damaged the adapted son was.

I liked that they showed Oliver is thinking of his family and showed brief clips of Felicity and baby Mia.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Did I miss something? The Monitor is sending Oliver on missions to retrieve things (an item in episode 1, a person in episode 2), yet the Monitor can simply appear places at will, like in Merlyn's office in ep 1 and in Oliver's Hong Kong room in ep 2. Why doesn't he just grab what he needs himself?

It was great to see Rila Fukushima back. Wish they'd used her more over the years.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Do you think John is still alive in the future? If so will we meet him? I could see John and Lyla being absent parents but find it a little hard to believe they would neglect one son for the other no matter how damaged the adapted son was.
I don't think John is alive at 2040, but he was at least through JJ and Connor's middle school years based on this past episode. So assuming this future is the one that exists after Crisis is over, then John survives Crisis.

Did I miss something? The Monitor is sending Oliver on missions to retrieve things (an item in episode 1, a person in episode 2), yet the Monitor can simply appear places at will, like in Merlyn's office in ep 1 and in Oliver's Hong Kong room in ep 2. Why doesn't he just grab what he needs himself?
Two reasons, from what I can tell:
  1. There seem to be rules on how the Monitor can intervene. While he is very powerful, it doesn't seem like he's allowed to do much directly. Even in the "Elseworlds" crossover, he enlisted pawns to mess with reality, rather than just doing it himself. So he does seem to need to rely on intermediaries.
  2. Based on his conversation with Lyla at the end, these missions are as much about preparing Oliver for Crisis as they are about retrieving the objects and people the Monitor needs. He clearly wanted Oliver to witness the destruction of Earth-2 firsthand, and he clearly wanted Oliver to feel somewhat responsible for it.
After these first seven episodes, the Monitor will have done his utmost to shape Oliver into what he needs him to be to perform his role in the Crisis.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
EHru69zU4AAZX2o

EHru695VAAAGman

Cover and last page of the series finale script. Starts filming 10/31/19. Finishes 11/13/19.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't be surprised if they are filming the finale before they film the backdoor pilot . Stephen Amell is not in the pilot so it would make sense to finish with him first so he can get back home to LA and his family.

However TVline corrected me. The pilot has been filming this week per the cast of the pilot on Twitter.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoyed tonight's episode, which marked the directorial debut for Katie Cassidy.

Right from the beginning, Thea has been one of my favorite characters. I loved having her back this week. The writing was great, and Willa Holland was great. For someone who was clearly done with the show probably three seasons before she was written off for good, she certainly didn't phone it in tonight. Lots of great moments between Thea and Oliver, and Stephen Amell and Willa Holland have great sibling chemistry. I also liked that Thea's offscreen journey made her more interesting and skilled like Oliver's five year absence made him more interesting and skilled.

The John/Lyla storyline was less interesting, but it was doing some valuable tablesetting work: laying the groundwork for them to adopt Connor, and Lyla preparing John for her absence when she'll presumably go off with the Monitor.

The drawing in the ancient book looked a lot more like the Anti-Monitor than the Monitor.

The one storyline that was getting really tedious was the 2040 storyline, but the episode even had an answer for that. Rather than dragging things out for the entire season and only having Oliver meet his adult children in the final episode or two, they go there in the third episode. It also blows up the predictability of that storyline a bit; I knew Zoe was going to die tonight, because Andrea Sixtos and Ben Lewis weren't announced for the "Green Arrow and the Canaries" spinoff and I knew the show wouldn't kill off William until he made his peace with Oliver. Now that he's sharing time with Oliver, I believe that the show might actually kill him off.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
How awesome if this turns out to be John Diggle and the reason they can't reveal more is that it would spoil a big reveal in Crisis. From TVline.

Green Lantern-Inspired Series in Works at HBO Max, From Greg Berlanti

green-lantern-series-hbo-max.jpg

Courtesy of DC

RELATED STORIES

Greg Berlanti‘s DC-based TV universe continues to expand — including into outer space.

It was announced on Tuesday at WarnerMedia Day that the super-prolific producer is developing for the HBO Max streaming service (launching May 2020) an adaptation of DC Comics’ Strange Adventures sci-fi anthology as well as what is being cryptically called “a Green Lantern-inspired project.”

“Both of these original DC properties we’ll be creating for HBO Max will be unlike anything seen on television,” says Berlanti, whose current (and massive) TV oeuvre of course includes The CW’s Arrowverse and DC Universe’s Titans and Doom Patrol.

“An anthology series of cautionary tales set in a world where superpowers exist” is how Berlanti touts his take on Strange Adventures, while “in what promises to be our biggest DC show ever made, we will be going to space with a Green Lantern television series — but I can’t reveal any more about that just yet.”

Strange Adventures will feature characters from across the DC canon and explore “close-ended morality tales about the intersecting lives of mortals and superhumans.” The project follows “‘man of two worlds’ Adam Strange, an archaeologist-turned-intergalactic hero when he’s zeta-beamed to planet Rann,” per HBO Max. Berlanti’s production partner, Sarah Schechter, will also serve as an EP while John Stephens (Gotham) will be the showrunner/writer.

The Green Lantern-inspired series, based on characters from the iconic DC comic, will also come from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television. And… that is all we know about that one.

What do you think a “Green Lantern-inspired series” is about?

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
EHru69zU4AAZX2o

EHru695VAAAGman

Cover and last page of the series finale script. Starts filming 10/31/19. Finishes 11/13/19.
:(:(

It’s ending stronger than it’s been but I still hate to see it go. I had no interest in the series when it first started but on the recommendation of a friend I gave the first season a chance via streaming and really dug it. Its had its ups and downs and has been downright infuriating at times but I still always wanted to watch it.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Some plot holes to fill from tonight's episode.

[I guess they are going to have to come up with a reason why none of team Arrow knew Felicity and Oliver had a daughter when they met Mia in 2040 last season. Also a reason for Felicity still not being on screen. You would think she would want to see her adult children. You know Rene is going to ask about Zoey. How do the 2040 crew avoid looking awkward . /SPOILER]

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Based on what happened last night I think Diggle's story will be more interesting than Oliver's. I hope they don't short change it for Oliver's story. Rene could also be interesting too. In any case I will be watching live.

Quite a difference between Thea's reaction to Oliver's news about the Crisis compared to Team Flash's reaction to Barry's news.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I guess they are going to have to come up with a reason why none of team Arrow knew Felicity and Oliver had a daughter when they met Mia in 2040 last season.
I'm thinking that the interventions of the Monitor might change history, so the 2040 we've seen doesn't ultimately come to pass.

Also a reason for Felicity still not being on screen. You would think she would want to see her adult children.
She has to stay incognito to keep Mia safe. Given the way Oliver compartmentalizes information, I doubt she'd even know about it. In my mind, the Monitor's arrival to take Oliver away at the end of the last season finale is the last contact Oliver had with Felicity until maybe the series finale.

You know Rene is going to ask about Zoey. How do the 2040 crew avoid looking awkward .
I would be shocked if that isn't addressed in the next episode, especially since the future crew is all still reeling from her death.

Quite a difference between Thea's reaction to Oliver's news about the Crisis compared to Team Flash's reaction to Barry's news.
Part of it is that the Queen family has had a much tougher go of it than Team Flash, so Thea's just more experienced at accepting loss. But part of is that she doesn't really think Oliver's going to die. I'm not convinced either.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Just forwarded thru my cable program guide. Both Arrow and Flash are repeating their season openers November 12th. Bummer I thought we would go straight to the Crisis without a break. Actually I thought the schedule was there would be a cliffhanger on the shows on the last episodes before the Crisis and then a one week break, the first week of December, before the Crisis episodes. Maybe they just moved the break. Is it unusual to have reruns during a sweeps month? Maybe it doesn't matter on the CW.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Episode 4 description from cable guide. Not really a spoiler but in case someone doesn't want to know anything about an unaired episode
When a mysterious new Deathstroke appears in Star City, Oliver and Team Arrow insist on taking down this villain themselves; reeling from the loss of one of its own, the future Team Arrow figures out a new way to stop JJ. We really need a scene with Diggle and his two sons.

At least Oliver's adult children are alive in the present so, unlike Barry, they wont vanish because somebody does something that changes the future.

Series finale starts filming today.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Seems I can not longer SPACE OUT during the the future brats scenes as they have now been transported to present day.
Enjoyed the return to Nanda Parbat and seeing Thea(Those scars on her face made her even more attractive to me.) and Talia again.
Thea8.jpg

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Felicity Returns For Finale Per TVline.

Arrow's Emily Bett Rickards Returns for Series Finale — Will 'Olicity' Reunite?

arrow-felicity-returns-series-finale-1.png

Courtesy of The CW

Back in March, Rickards most unexpectedly announced her exit from the Arrowverse’s flagship series, saying on Instagram, “Felicity and I are a very tight two, but after [seasons] one through seven we will be saying goodbye to you.”

Ricjards’ final appearance as a series regular was in the Season 7 finale. As that episode drew to a close, the Monitor (played by LaMonica Garrett) showed up in Oliver and Felicity’s near-future to collect on the deal he and Oliver made during last year’s “Elseworlds” crossover. The multiverse required that Oliver assist the Monitor in preventing the inevitable, saving countless lives in the process — even though Oliver was destined to die in doing so.

Decades later, after visiting Oliver’s grave site with adult Mia and William, Felicity met up with the Monitor to be taken… somewhere.

“Where I’m taking you, there is no return,” the cosmic being made clear.

“I’ve been waiting a very long time to see him,” Felicity answered. “I’m ready.”

Now with the news of EBR’s return, it appears Felicity will in fact see… him.

Shortly after Arrow‘s penultimate finale aired, Rickards seemed bearish on returning for the series ender, saying, “I feel like Felicity has done her time.

“We knew this was coming for a while – for over a year,” she explained, “so the whole thing is exactly what we wanted to happen.”

CW president Mark Pedowitz seemed to be of the same mind when asked at the May Upfronts about Rickards possibly returning. “[Showrunner] Beth Schwartz did a great job wrapping up Felicity’s storyline,” he said. “If Beth can find a way to bring her back that makes sense, and Emily is available, we’d love to have her. Otherwise, I’m pleased by how they said goodbye to the character.”

And as recently as Oct. 10, Schwartz reiterated her stance that “we’d welcome [Emily] back, and we’ll see what happens.”

Arrow‘s series finale — the 10th episode of its farewell run — began filming Oct. 31.

I hope this was always planned and they didn't just write in a scene for her to appear at the last minute.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sbaker1991
Recent bookmarks