SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Title: Lion

Tagline: The search begins

Genre: Drama

Director: Garth Davis

Cast: Sunny Pawar, Dev Patel, Rooney Mara, David Wenham, Nicole Kidman, Abhishek Bharate, Divian Ladwa, Priyanka Bose, Deepti Naval, Tannishtha Chatterjee, Keshav Jadhav, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Benjamin Rigby, Riddhi Sen, Rita Boy, Arka Das, Emilie Cocquerel, Sachin Joab, Menik Gooneratne, Anna Samson, Eamon Farren, Tegan Crowley, Belinda Misevski, Lucy Moir

Release: 2016-11-24

Runtime: 118

Plot: A five-year-old Indian boy gets lost on the streets of Calcutta, thousands of kilometers from home. He survives many challenges before being adopted by a couple in Australia; 25 years later, he sets out to find his lost family.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
This is of course an amazing instant classic 10/10 movie. Saw it in the year of release. Later I found out that the director released an extended cut of the movie. I'm planning to see it. Anyone has seen the Extended Cut? Is it good or is it going to ruin the already perfect original?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I never heard of an extended cut.
Where is that airing or sellimg?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I was in a test audience for this. I later watched the Bluray, and realized the BD was missing at least one scene from the version I watched, early on about their childhood before he got lost on the train. I'm not sure of any real extended cut, but in the test audience, I said that the entire sequence through his childhood was for me the most powerful segment of the entire film. I really did enjoy this one.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Oh so, it's not released yet? I said why I'm having difficulty finding this. Wondering why they didn't release this.

LION: Hobart to Home – Extended Director’s Cut & Garth Davis

Lion-1.jpg

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I was in a test audience for this. I later watched the Bluray, and realized the BD was missing at least one scene from the version I watched, early on about their childhood before he got lost on the train. I'm not sure of any real extended cut, but in the test audience, I said that the entire sequence through his childhood was for me the most powerful segment of the entire film. I really did enjoy this one.
Yeah the scenes with the young boy are the best in the film. Great film.

The article is over 2 years old so I don’t think there has been any new announcement of an extended cut.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Yeah the scenes with the young boy are the best in the film. Great film.

The article is over 2 years old so I don’t think there has been any new announcement of an extended cut.

Can't imagine there's much market for one, as it's not like the movie was a big hit. With $140m WW and a $12m budget, it made a nice profit, but those don't feel like "soak the home video market" numbers.

I concur that the parts with the young version of the lead work best. The rest is meh!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks