What's new

Subwoofer will not work with my Marantz 7011 (1 Viewer)

Lastwords

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
Ok I'm about to pull my hair out on this. I have a Klipsch R-115SW subwoofer. It has been working for a year now but moved my system and now it magically doesn't work. Im using the WA-2 Wireless transmitter for it, shows them connected and everything. When i go into my Marantz setup and do the speaker calibration the subwoofer makes sound and of course I hit yes that it is making noise. However when I go to watch a movie or play a video on youtube via my NVIDIA shield every speaker works except for my subwoofer. Now I went in and changed it to the LFE or whatever so that it always works and it still won't come on. http://manuals.marantz.com/SR7011/EU/EN/GFNFSYtgugzsae.php

I did what Marantz trouble shooting says to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lastwords

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
Oh ya, what about the fuse? I took it out and looked at it and put it back in would that have anything to do with it? I wouldn't think so because it works in the setup.

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
Things I would check:
Make sure all speakers are set to "Small"
What is crossover set to?
Turn the subwoofer crossover all the way up- On the back of the sub. Also set sub volume to 50%
Run Audyssey.
Test with a known bass heavy movie or song.
The sub shouldn't be playing like a normal speaker, only when it's needed.

Brian

Lastwords

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
Speakers are on small. What exactly do you mean on the crossover? I've tested it on several bass heavy songs and it's not firing like it used to.

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
Speakers are on small. What exactly do you mean on the crossover? I've tested it on several bass heavy songs and it's not firing like it used to.

If the speakers are set to small then you should have a crossover reading for each speaker. It's under SET UP MENU -> SPEAKERS -> MANUAL SETUP -> CROSSOVERS. If the crossover is too low, like at 40Hz, then you won't get much from the sub.

And again, make sure the crossover (Low Pass Filter) on the sub itself is all the way up. If the crossover was turned down when it was moved, this would limit the bass coming out of it. The Gain (Volume) should be at 50%.

Did you run Audyssey?

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks