What's new

Marantz SR7011 - No audio via HDMI (1 Viewer)

Rusty Axle

Auditioning
Real Name
Rex
My Marantz SR7011 worked fine until today.

I was away for a few days and turned off the receiver, TV and PC that make up my entertainment system.

Upon returning I turned everything back on and discovered that I had lost audio.

The HDMI cables are securely connected.

The receiver, PC and TV have all been turned off and back on in multiple sequences in the hope that some form of 'handshake' was the issue.

The receiver is attached to the PC via HDMI, and also to the LG TV via HDMI. Both HDMI cables are certified 8K.

Prior to today, I could play audio and visual content from the PC. Now only video appears. without audio

The TV automatically switches to the Marantz for audio output while streaming YouTube TV, but there is no audio.

The TV speaker output is set for HDMI ARC., and the correct HDMI port is in use on the TV and the receiver.

The volume metrics on the Marantz display panel change with the TV remote volume control. So it appears that the components are communicating.

All electronics get their power from a very good surge protector.

My gut is churning at the prospect of having to replace what was until now a perfectly good and not inexpensive receiver. Plus I will consider Marantz to be a major disappointment from a quality perspective if in fact the receiver has lost audio capability.

I'm hoping that someone can offer guidance on potential remedies.

Rusty Axle

Auditioning
Real Name
Rex
Consider me a happy idiot... the system was directing audio to a zone that had no speakers.

Doh.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks