What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon submitted a new blog post

Weekly RoundUp 4-7-2020
WRU-Banner-2019-1024x661-copy-1024x661.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey, RoundUppers!

We might all still be recovering from a big week of new releases last week.

But, who knows? Maybe THIS is a big week for you!

I've had Little Women on pre-order from Amazon since mid-February!

Safe shopping!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I've had Little Women on pre-order from Amazon since mid-February!

Me too. My delivery estimate is Thursday, which is fine. Normally I would remind them that release date delivery of preorders is one of my favorite benefits of Prime, but considering the current situation, I'll take Thursday and be happy about it. That's it for me this week, but it's a great film and I'm looking forward to owning the disc.

Thank you for your work, Mike!

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Biggest sale of the week appears to be Target B2G1 sale.

Each time they have this sale it works a bit differently, The ad says new releases and preorders excluded, but this has been at best
flexible in the past. Most Disney products including newer releases have been included in the past, but it will be up in the air whether the new-ish Star Wars title. Might be worth holding off a current purchase or at least keep in mind a return/rebuy (ot buy/return) if they are allowed.

Many times Warner Archives titles have been included up to the new and preorders, but stock is often limited and they go out of stock quickly.
If they are included 3 for 36 is a really good deal without having to wait for the next 4/44 sale esp with what happened with the March sale.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I received my 4/7 Kino order today, so I'm happy
Beau Geste
The Lives Of A Bengal Lancer
Murder He Says

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I've got a lot on my wish list...I just need to wait until tomorrow to see what is included in the Target deal. I spent a ton of money at the DMC for my birthday and then ordered the four Craig Bond's in 4k last week. Do I need anything else? No. Surely not.

Will I use the deal to take some more wish list titles off my list? Maybe. Likely? I dunno yet. I hafta go out anyway tomorrow for a pup vet appointment, so this won't be a special trip to the store.

Thanks Mike!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
If Little Women was available UHD disc, I would have bought it. Since it’s only on Blu, I went for The 4K/HDR/Dolby Atmos iTunes version which is $5 cheaper at $14.99.

Looks and sounds terrific.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
If Little Women was available UHD disc, I would have bought it. Since it’s only on Blu, I went for The 4K/HDR/Dolby Atmos iTunes version which is $5 cheaper at $14.99.

Looks and sounds terrific.

Same here, although I was lucky and got in on the $9.99 deal. We REALLY enjoyed the film!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks as always for your hard work, Mike!

If Little Women was available UHD disc, I would have bought it.
Same. A UHD disc would have been a day one purchase for me. But I can't justify paying more more for an inferior presentation.

It will be $9.99 in the near future on iTunes.
That's what I'm holding out for.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the RoundUp!

A couple of titles this week were requested for review, but who knows what (if any) movement is happening at the PR firms that handle review copies. Time will tell.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
If Little Women was available UHD disc, I would have bought it.

A UHD disc would have been a day one purchase for me. But I can't justify paying more more for an inferior presentation.

Because I'm not UHD equipped yet, I generally only get the UHD version if I'm buying a steelbook which includes it alongside the Blu-ray. So I am personally fine with the Blu-ray for Little Women myself.

However, it does seem very odd to me that Sony wouldn't consider Little Women worthy of a 4K disc. It was both highly acclaimed and a big success with audiences. And yet Universal is releasing Doolittle on UHD, which was neither of those things and will probably sell way less than a 4K version of Little Women would for Sony. I get that they come from different studios and therefore there are different people making decisions, but it seems weird still.

Maybe Sony will change their mind and release it on UHD later if they sense demand is there. Parasite didn't get a 4K release when it came out in February but has one coming in June following its Oscar win. Again, Universal is distributing that, so it's not an exact comp. But it's not out of the question Sony they could do it later. Surely there is a market for such a release, and I hope you get one sooner than later.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks