What's new

LG WebOS help needed (1 Viewer)

mediaseth

Auditioning
Real Name
Seth Albaum
A strange issue developed with my LG C8 55"

First, the Disney+ app had an update message. No biggie, I clicked on "update." Nope. Nothing. No response. So, I clicked on "open" and I got a blue screen like it was trying to load the app but froze. It wasn't completely frozen, though, as I could press home and select another app.

Other apps are also not working. They aren't prompting me for an update, but they start to load and then.. nothing. It's black. I press home, and I can still use Amazon Prime, Hulu, Netflix or Youtube.

The biggest kicker? I can't use the LG App store, either.

I checked in settings and I am all up to date after clicking to check for updates.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’ve got an LG LCD, and I’ve found it behaves like a computer, in that I’ve seen it crash in the middle of an update. But I’ve not had it behave like you describe.

if all else fails, I would try to Reset to Initial Settings. Maybe a factory reset will restore the apps, or let you download them anew.

mediaseth

Auditioning
Real Name
Seth Albaum
I'm hoping that by doing so i don't have to do any recalibration. I like my settings! But, I may not have a choice...

mediaseth

Auditioning
Real Name
Seth Albaum
Yep. I had to reset it and download updates to the apps again. Works fine, but I did lose my calibration. I'm not sure what caused the issue in the first place. It would seem an update was interrupted, but it wouldn't have been my doing.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Glad it's working, sorry you lost calibration. I'm overall impressed by the LG system. But it's a "computer" through and through, including system crashes. It's also really complex and unintuitive, with three or four major sub-screens for user control and a menu-settings system that's inscrutable to me.

But it's so good, I'm thinking of buying a second one, for my living room. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks