What's new

3D Blu rays from Britain (1 Viewer)

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I am ordering Blu Rays through Amazon.uk. and am interested in comparing your experience with mine. I have ordered 3 3Ds and have obsessively tracked my packages as I usually do.

The first one (“Beauty and The Beast”) came to me somehow through the US although I live in Canada, and arrived at my door via a courier, with a massive duty charge. I had to pay it or not get the package. Luckily Amazon re-emburst me.

Learning from this experience, my next 3D Blu (“The Mummy”) was ordered to my US postal box near Buffalo. Again I followed the tracking only to find that it was listed “out for delivery” in Germany, and then was lost. I did a chat and was eventually sent another one.

This time I am waiting for “Thor Ragnarok “ to arrive at my US PO box. Again following the tracking I have “out for delivery” in Germany, and the delivery for the last 3 days is supposed to be by 8:00 tonight. I also get a screen every morning with an apology for not getting it yet.

When I have “chatted” with a young Asian person through Amazon, he or she after misinterpreting everything I say, assures me it is on the way.

What gives? Is it normal for all British Amazon purchases to be re-routed through Germany?

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Strange. I'm also in Canada and have never had a problem ordering via Amazon UK.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'm in New York and only very rarely have I had issues with Amazon UK - once in 2012, a package was lost in transit (but eventually showed up, long after they sent a replacement), and last year, a package arrived damage (but they replaced it). Other than that, it's been pretty smooth sailing from my end.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Definitely not normal from my experience with AmazonUK -- probably have made 30 or more orders with only one lost package though it did show up 10 weeks later -- well after the replacement package. This was during their ill fated DHL Global phase when 30% or more packages were extremely late, not delivered, or returned as 'undeliverable." That lasted about 3 months and Amazon apparently canned them. I did have some issues with amazon italy recently with 3 packages that were delayed by 2+ weeks and 2 had to be reshipped though everything did finally arrive.

My last few orders have even come faster and most often by i-Parcel with average delivery time of 8 days.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I guess I have three questions:

1) Are the packages to the US from Britain always routed through Germany?

2) Are the tracking notations correct, or are they confused by sending a package to the USA?

3) If it is going to the USA, and the last notation is that it is in Germany, why would it say “out for delivery”.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
To the best of my knowledge, none of my Amazon.uk orders have been routed through Germany. They have always appeared to ship from the U.K.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I don't think I've had any ship via either Germany or the US - only directly from the UK to Canada. I also tend not to place large orders, maybe 2 or 3 discs at a time. And they usually arrive faster than packages from the US.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I guess I have three questions:

1) Are the packages to the US from Britain always routed through Germany?

2) Are the tracking notations correct, or are they confused by sending a package to the USA?

3) If it is going to the USA, and the last notation is that it is in Germany, why would it say “out for delivery”.

1) Rarely though Amazon uses Multiple Warehouses and I've occasionally had a package start outside the UK, but rarely start in the UK and go to Germany first. Of course the majority of my UK packages over the years have had no tracking. A couple big orders as mentioned were sent Deut Post. Most of my smaller packages from 2009-2014 were sent Royal Mail which would have come straight from UK. Lately Asendia and I-parcel have done most of my deliveries -- Asendia occ with tracking that didn't go to Germany, and I-parcel which came straight from UK. Actually my i-Parcel packages from Fr, It, and Spain all are routed through UK

2) I've never had any reason to thing the tracking was incorrect.

3) My guess is something in in your address is confusing their system if it's happened twice and they're trying to delivery it to an incorrect address/country.

grayrhino

Auditioning
Real Name
Renoir
My address goes like this:

Name __
PO BOX —
BUFFALO, NEW YORK — zip code
United States

I am based in Manila and usually orders 3D movies from Amazon UK almost on a monthly bases (2 movies at a time). My experience with them regarding delivery is 50/50. If DHL expedited service is used, chances are I won't receive the package as compared to UPS which always delivers within a week without an issue and tax free. On regular post office service, it's slow but I received them withUSD1.00 tax per movie. Overall, Amazon UK provides good customer service whenever a problem arises. It's worth ordering from them.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I've ordered several times in the past few months for shipment from UK to US and have not had any issues. There's nothing in my tracking to indicate the parcels go anywhere except from the UK to US. Delivery is usually quite prompt, within a week to 10 days. I choose Amazon Global Standard shipping at checkout.

You should double-check your shipping address in your account just to be sure there are no errors. Since the same thing has happened multiple times, it seems like there must be an issue with your address.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I've ordered quite few of my 3Ders from Amazon UK and have never had a problem with them shipping it to me. I did have one routed and came from Germany, but only one. Maybe that was the only place that had it?

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Here is the tracking history for package containing Thor Ragnarok

Delivery By DHL

Tracking ID —-

Tuesday, 27 February
5:07 AM
Parcel left the carrier facility
Rodgau,
5:07 AM
Parcel arrived at a carrier facility
Rodgau, DE

Monday, 26 February
12:36 PM
Parcel arrived at a carrier facility Krefeld,

Sunday, 25 February
1:48 PM
Parcel left the carrier facility
Dunstable, Central Bedfordshire GB

Saturday, 24 February
Parcel has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit
Crymlyn Burrows, Swansea UK

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Another possibility is a data error within the tracking system.

I work in IT, and even though we try to code to not allow errors, sometimes data is duplicated. The same tracking number might be attached to two different packages.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I don't pay attention until a month after. hee hee! But I did notice things got stuck in customs and amazon thinks there is something seriously wrong.

But tons of 3Ds from UK to me in GA-USA since getting my first TV late last year. Jim's Carreys Christmas carol took 2 months (funny, got Texas Chainsaw 3D ordered same time and got in time for festive holiday viewing with grandma!) Amazon suggested I either ask for replacement or just wait a few more days. Waited, came next day. Star Wars Force Awakens 3D got out of the package and so far never found by the PO who found it easier to distance themselves from the whole incident and probably pretend like they are looking. "It's not under my cup of coffee Bob! Is it in that little pocket in front of your levi jeans Steve?" "uuuuhhh, does it look like this?" "No Steve, that's a wad of lint. Look again!! " I believe it's somewhere in the woods with those Blair Witch kids waiting it's turn in the corner!! hahaha! The seller sent a replacement. Total 2 months. Worth the wait! Holy WOW!

Ordering 3Ds from the UK reminds me of the late 80s when Commodore Amiga died over here but was still strong over there. Kinda of fun even with the hair pulling waits. And addicting as those old Amiga games. I placed an order Thursday for 2 and just placed a big one for stuff I've been pining for.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Looking at Amazon deliveries from the opposite side of the pond, I'm often curious about Amazon's deliveries from the US to the UK. In the past (say a year ago) items which I ordered from Amazon's US site would routinely arrive through the usual mail service direct from the US. Nowadays they often arrive through the usual email service but with a German post mark or they give me a specific date when the item will be delivered - around about 12 days after despatch. Amazingly, that delivery date is always accurate, with the item arriving by courier. Baffles me how they manage that!

Steve_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Smith
With my 3d bluray orders from Amazon.UK I have never had a problem with delivery BUT I'm running at 40% of being open and stolen, giving me a delivered emptied package. Amazon has been very helpful and sent me new shipments and those have arrived every time in perfect condition. The tracking came to Arizona but never went through Germany.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Latest e-mail from them is pretty fair and says package is still on the way and they have asked “DHL” (?) to update the tracking properly. Also have refunded £3.5 postage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softwinsystems82
Recent bookmarks