What's new

42nd Street (1 Viewer)

trajan007

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Larry C Bender
Did anyone see PBS's 42nd Street on Great Performances the other night? What a terrific show.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, and it's a superb rendering of the stage production. I had never seen the Randy Skinner-choreographed revival version, only the Gower Champion original, and this version to me seems miles faster in its dancing and line delivery. I also hadn't remembered it's such a heavy costume show (eye-popping), and with fifty people on stage, this show didn't come cheap to produce. For lovers of dance musicals, this is a must see!

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
was this with Bonnie Langford?

I saw that version as a Fathom Event in a theater a few months ago. It was terrific (although I didn't really like the additional scenes)

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
Fantastic! How those dancers had the energy after all that to do a spectacular encore of We're in the Money after the bows, I'll never know. Such talent and energy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnthinkableSol
Recent bookmarks