What's new
World Wide Stereo

4K/region-free blu model, vendor recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I'm on the cusp of having to replace my ten-year-old Samsung bluray player (which always was a slow loader, anyway). I want my new player to be ready for an eventual upgrade to 4K from my last-generation Mitsubishi DLP I still use and enjoy. I've read that to get a true all-region bluray player I should look online. I get ads on my Facebook feed for 220-electronics.com Anybody have any experience with them?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Both they and Bombay Electronics are highly regarded for modified players. I did mine myself so I don’t have firsthand experience but I’ve sent friends to both.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Both they and Bombay Electronics are highly regarded for modified players. I did mine myself so I don’t have firsthand experience but I’ve sent friends to both.
I echo @Josh Steinberg recommendations as I’ve dealt with both Bombay Electronics and 220 Electronics as I now have a total of 3 region free players:
Sony BDP-7200
Sony UBP-X700
Sony UBP-X800M2

I give a special kudos to 220 Electronics for their help in updating the firmware on the X700. The online update from Sony kept failing and I suspected it had to do with the region free mods. 220 emailed me a modified firmware update and everything went smoothly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks