What's new
World Wide Stereo

7.1 Channel Home Theater (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Either, but you need a suitable surround receiver as well. Those are both 5.1 setups, so you'll want two more of the small speakers for 7.1.

A little more info about the room would help... Dimensions, the layout of the room, where the speakers are wired, so on.

Oh good, Klipsch again. Nobody ever asks about Klipsch. That's me being snarky, BTW. There are soooo many speaker brands to choose from, but Klipsch seems to be the only one in existence. They would not be my first choice, but to each their own. The Klipsch marketing department really deserves some type of lifetime achievement award.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I have Klipsch speakers from that same line but I have BIC subs instead. They are good if you want to play your content clean and loud and you don't mind if they don't sound as nuanced as other speakers might.

printht

Auditioning
Real Name
PrintHT
Either, but you need a suitable surround receiver as well. Those are both 5.1 setups, so you'll want two more of the small speakers for 7.1.

A little more info about the room would help... Dimensions, the layout of the room, where the speakers are wired, so on.

Oh good, Klipsch again. Nobody ever asks about Klipsch. That's me being snarky, BTW. There are soooo many speaker brands to choose from, but Klipsch seems to be the only one in existence. They would not be my first choice, but to each their own. The Klipsch marketing department really deserves some type of lifetime achievement award.

Many thanks for response,

View media item 5975
Please see attached picture 20 x 11 is the room size. Middle speakers on the top, front and back are on the wall.

Questions,

1. Should I buy Klipsch one's that says $650 or $999?

2. For Two extra speakers I need, which one you suggest? Please suggest inexpensive ones!

3. Receiver, I am thinking to buy (Yamaha TSR-7850 7.2-Channel Network AV Receiver)

https://www.adorama.com/kpr625fal.h...t&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905
or
https://www.adorama.com/kpr610fh.ht...t&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905

printht

Auditioning
Real Name
PrintHT
Many thanks for response,

View media item 5975
Please see attached picture 20 x 11 is the room size. Middle speakers on the top, front and back are on the wall.

Questions,

1. Should I buy Klipsch one's that says $650 or $999?

2. For Two extra speakers I need, which one you suggest? Please suggest inexpensive ones!

3. Receiver, I am thinking to buy (Yamaha TSR-7850 7.2-Channel Network AV Receiver)

https://www.adorama.com/kpr625fal.h...t&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905
or
https://www.adorama.com/kpr610fh.ht...t&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905

Any one?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
OK, your room is wired for traditional (non-Atmos) 7 channel surround. You're also considering a 7 channel (Atmos capable) receiver. Personally, I would invest more in the receiver. The one you mentioned is pretty much bottom of the line, which is usually not best in the long run.

The more expensive speakers you linked are what's called "Atmos enabled". They implement basic Atmos by having reflecting speakers in the top of the front two speakers. Using that speaker system with the receiver you mentioned would give you a 5.1.2 Atmos enabled system, which would be complete, but wouldn't be able to use the rear surround speakers you have wired now. In that case you would only use the side surround speaker location, not the rear.

The less expensive speakers you linked are a 5.1 surround system. If you added another pair of the Surround Speakers to it, you'd have a traditional 7.1 surround, which is what your room is wired for. In this case you would have side and rear surround speakers.

You can step up to a 7.1.2 system with the more expensive speaker set plus an additional set of surround speakers, but you'd need a more expensive receiver that can drive 9 channels to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks