What's new
World Wide Stereo

7.1 Surround / wireless or wireless interface for current speakers & sub (1 Viewer)

Uncle Freddy

Auditioning
Real Name
Maro
greetings, my wife and I are moving into our new house that has a great room configuration, we are going to be using our 52-inch flat screen for our 7.1 surround sound system, our problem is radiant floor heat and my inability to freely drill holes and and pull wires .... question to The Forum: does anybody like Yamaha, Bose, Klipsch or the like make a 7.1 wireless "interface" where I can connect that to the back of my 7.1 theater receiver at the speaker Jack's on the rear and then somehow go wireless to not only all the speakers plus the center channel but the subwoofer as well??... all help appreciated, my ideal piece of equipment will allow me to keep all of the gear I currently have and run as far as my 7.1 theater surround receiver and all of my current speakers, center channel and subwoofer, but somehow get them to run wireless (ie no running countless feet of speaker wire) THANK YOU FOR THE HELP

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
You can get these strips that are paintable that will help hide the wire along base boards and up the walls. I know they make them but not sure where to buy them. Maybe someone else here knows the name of the product and where to buy it, and maybe a google search will give you the name. But I would run wired speakers as you would still need to have a power source for the wireless speakers and there is always the chance of interference with wireless. So I would go regular surround speakers. And your looking at a power plug for every speaker.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Passive speakers require a wired connection to an amplifier to work. You can’t disconnect the speaker wire and expect that the speaker will magically become “wireless.” Oh, it’s wireless alright – makes a nice plant stand.

Passive speakers will always require an amplifier. Active speakers have an amplifier built in, and like any amplifier, they require an electrical outlet.

Basically, the only way to do wireless like you’re envisioning requires outboard transmitters at the AVR end, one for each wireless channel (most people only inquire about wireless back speakers, but it sounds like you want all 7.1 channels wireless). At the other end, an accompanying receiver and amplifier is required for each speaker.

So, there’s no way to do what you want without laying out some cash for some additional hardware.

The first thing you need is a reliable transmitter/receiver system. There is no shortage of Bluetooth-based systems on the market, such as the Avantree Oasis.

However, if you find Bluetooth to be unreliable, your only option is something from the pro-audio field, where they’ve been doing wireless for over 30 years and have it down to a science. Pro-audio reliability won’t come cheap though – the price of admission will be more than double what the Avantree costs.

By the time you add up all the wireless transmitter/receivers, plus outboard amplification for each speaker location, it will probably be cheaper to hire a professional to run the wiring for you.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks