What's new

A BRIDGE TOO FAR Blu Ray/DVD 2-Pack: Anyone Bought It? (1 Viewer)

Christopher McG

Stunt Coordinator
More to the point, does anyone know if the standard disk carries over any of the special features from the 2005 Collector's Edition, or is it bare bones?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
It's the very same disc as the original Blu release (i.e. no extras).

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Christopher-
I think Dick was just referring to the Blu-ray not having any extras, not the DVD. I'm assuming that it is the same DVD that was released prior, but can't be sure.

Christopher McG

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the clarification, Adam!

Still wondering if the standard DVD in the 2-pack is the earlier bare-bones disk or the 2005 disk with the commentary track.

JoeBond

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joseph Myers
Originally Posted by Christopher McG

Thanks for the clarification, Adam!

Still wondering if the standard DVD in the 2-pack is the earlier bare-bones disk or the 2005 disk with the commentary track.
If I were to guess it would be the bare bones disc since Fox likes to dump these older discs into these combo packs to reduce their inventory of those discs but then again with The Graduate they started off including the newest DVD version and slowly transitioned into just putting old discs. Obviously the only special feature to gain would be the commentary track plus I assume a better video transfer on the DVD but I can say right now that 2nd disc from the '05 release won't be included and I have a sneaking suspicion that this could be why they would just include the bare bones disc. Sorry I can't help but it seems that Fox is really vague about this since when there are multiple DVD versions they seem to not tell you which one which is kind of annoying. I hope someone can contact Fox to clear this situation up.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I requested some additional infor from Fox. Its Friday afternoon, so I wouldn't anticipate a response until next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MasonStorm@HTF
Recent bookmarks