What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order A Douglas Fairbanks Double Feature: Robin Hood / The Black Pirate (1922-1926) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71tmphRUFFL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Is this likely to be as good as the FPS Fairbank's releases?
Well... Thief of Bagdad, should be an indication, and the open ended question is who or whom was involved in the process, the tools do it properly while being cost effective, along with the talent to utilize those tools.

guess I will find out in a couple of months when it's released.

think of it this way, right now we are tracking on 7 silent releases over the next few months

Fairbanks Double Feature
Foolish Wives
Little Rascals Silents: Volume 1
Laurel & Hardy: Year One
The Spanish Dancer
Michael
The Johnstown Flood- awaiting a blu ray release announcement :D

and we still have almost 7 months left in the year......;)

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I saw clips of Robin Hood on the MAKING OF ROBIN HOOD (1938) Disc with the late Rudy Behlmer, and it looked interesting. I’d love to see this film, but I’ll wAit to see quality reviews.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Check out Nitrateville, it's already in discussion, The Mont Alto Motion Picture Orchestra did the new score
That's actually where I first heard about it, but so far no further info forthcoming. The Amazon description from Cohen only says "A 35MM color negative was mastered in HD for this presentation."

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
That's actually where I first heard about it, but so far no further info forthcoming. The Amazon description from Cohen only says "A 35MM color negative was mastered in HD for this presentation."
I believe that’s the extant Pirate dupe from alternate takes. Wasn’t the BFI doing new scans from nitrate?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks