What's new

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It's been years, but I recall liking The Island and thinking that was a decent Michael Bay film (Roger Ebert gave it 3 stars). It was released between Bad Boys II and the first Transformers. Pretty good cast, too:

Ewan McGregor
Scarlett Johansson
Djimon Hounsou
Sean Bean
Michael Clarke Duncan
Steve Buscemi
The Island is one of the only Michael Bay films I can claim to have liked (the other being The Rock). I'd agree with Ebert's 3-star review. The production design alone makes it worthwhile, and reminded me a little of Logan's Run. Now, to be fair, I have not seen every Michael Bay film and don't plan to. I saw the preview for this one, and have no interest, although maybe I will spin The Blues Brothers instead. (Thanks for the tip, Robert!)

Ross Gowland

Second Unit
Real Name
Ross Gowland
How about the disk instead as it's reference quality and significantly better than a compressed stream?

I specifically waited for the disk so I can watch in the highest quality possible.

It's a pity people like you stream it instead of watching the disk for maximum enjoyment.
Here in the UK, the 4K rental stream from iTunes is £4.99 while the UHD is £24.99. If you’re only going to watch it once, which is quite likely, then the stream is probably good enough.

Wardog555

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Fraser
Here in the UK, the 4K rental stream from iTunes is £4.99 while the UHD is £24.99. If you’re only going to watch it once, which is quite likely, then the stream is probably good enough.
Don't need to buy the disk though. That Is a different discussion 😐

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Well, almost ordered it on sale for $10 just now thinking it might be close enough to being as enjoyable (and "dumb fun") as The Rock (or maybe at least The Island), but oh well... Saved me the $10 *and* the bombastic headache (for both me and my neighbors, LOL).

Seems a shame w/ that cast led by Jake Gyllenhaal -- he was partly what made me consider giving it a cheap, blindbuy chance (vs the movie's title as a Bay flick no less, LOL). :P

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tennispro786
Recent bookmarks