What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

A Few Words About A few words about…™ Jaws - in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
No joking about this release.

Dead-on Perfect in every detail.

Gorgeous 4k imagery, superb audio in Dolby Atmos.

An incredibly nuanced job by all concerned toward one of the most beautifully produced 4k releases of the year.

Everyone needs a copy!

And for those who don't know, time to read up on the great Verna Fields.

Image – 5

Audio – 5 (Dolby Atmos)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Upgrade from Blu-ray - No question.

Very Highly Recommended

RAH

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Can't wait! Only about a week & a half away!

Last edited:
Reactions: PMF

owen35

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Just waiting for it to arrive. And "thank you" for mentioning Verna Fields. Not to discount Spielberg's talent at the time, but she did a brilliant job of editing that film. Just look at the pacing and cutting before the second shark attack (Kintner boy); it's masterful.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Anyone else order from Amazon like me? I ordered about 5 days ago and still don’t have a ship date. Yes, I know it releases next week, but I expected to have a date by now.

Normally I don’t mind waiting, but for this movie, I’m freaking out. :blink:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Anyone else order from Amazon like me? I ordered about 5 days ago and still don’t have a ship date. Yes, I know it releases next week, but I expected to have a date by now.

Normally I don’t mind waiting, but for this movie, I’m freaking out. :blink:

Same, but I'm not stressing over it. When Jaws gets here, it gets here. I ordered mine on April 27...

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Darrell
I ordered the steel on Best Buy. It says it will be here June 2nd. Yes, I'm glad to hear Mr. Harris says this is perfect. One of my all-time favorite movies. It is truly a masterpiece and mostly exists in our own imagination. It is scarier to just hear the music and see the waves than actually see the shark, which they used sparingly and just enough to stick the image in your head for you to remember when you take a shower or try to swim somewhere. Verna Fields Oscar-winning editing was very important as well as John Williams' Oscar-winning score. Truly one of the greatest scores ever written. And Spielberg's first major motion picture was perfection.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I’ve given up on Amazon lately. Too many delays. Lost shipments and misinformation.

Ordered both versions of JAWS from Best Buy who have been consistently reliable lately.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I’ve given up on Amazon lately. Too many delays. Lost shipments and misinformation.

Ordered both versions of JAWS from Best Buy who have been consistently reliable lately.
I find I am curious, do you mean the standard package and the steel book? Wouldn’t the steel book alone suffice? I’m presuming you wanted that.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I find I am curious, do you mean the standard package and the steel book? Wouldn’t the steel book alone suffice? I’m presuming you wanted that.
Yes. Both. Steel book for uniqueness and standard for booklet.

I mean it’s.......Jaws. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TVonDVDCollector
Recent bookmarks