What's new

A Question/Possible Issue Regarding HOBBS AND SHAW UHD Blu-ray... (1 Viewer)

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
If anyone owns this title (I know, I know...it's seriously over the top and totally off the rails even compared to Fate of the Furious), can you check something for me?

The HDR grade is supposed to be in Dolby Vision and HDR10+ according to specs and from what I was told on a UK-based forum, but when I watched this over the past couple of nights (just got it recently in the mail), my Panasonic DP-UB9000 player ran the disc with the base HDR10 layer, and it should have selected the HDR10+ layer because it's set up to do so and because my Samsung display supports the dynamic format (it doesn't support DV).

Don't get me wrong, the disc looked amazing with the Panasonic's HDR Optimizer activated and taking care of the HDR10 stream, but does anyone know if there is, officially, an HDR10+ layer on this UHD Blu-ray? If there is, for some reason, my Panasonic player isn't recognizing it automatically (and, yes, I am set up correctly in the player's menu so that HDR10+ is recognized).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MasonStorm@HTF
Recent bookmarks