What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Among the last of the glorious Errol Flynn swashbucklers, Vincent Sherman’s Adventures of Don Juan has beautiful women, adventurous derring-do, and the vivid color and exquisite pageantry that we’ve come to expect from Golden Age Hollywood’s portrayals of seventeenth century Europe.

Adventures of Don Juan (1948)

Released: 01 Dec 1948
Rated: Passed
Runtime: 110 min

Director: Vincent Sherman
Genre: Action, Adventure, Romance

Cast: Errol Flynn, Viveca Lindfors, Robert Douglas
Writer(s): Herbert Dalmas, George Oppenheimer, Harry Kurnitz

Plot: The great lover Don Juan comes to the assistance of his queen.

IMDB rating: 7.0
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: Warner Brothers
Distributed By: Warner Archive...

Continue reading...

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Thanks for the review, Matt! I've been waiting impatiently for this to be released on Blu-Ray, as it's one of the few three-strip Technicolor films lensed by Elwood Brendel, who's mostly known for his expressionist Noir work, especially PHANTOM LADY and THE KILLERS, but also photographed ROMANCE ON THE HIGH SEAS, which has a dazzling use of colored gels and depth compostion and also happens to be my favorite release if a WA three-strip film so far. Can't wait to see this.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the review, Matt! I've been waiting impatiently for this to be released on Blu-Ray, as it's one of the few three-strip Technicolor films lensed by Elwood Brendel, who's mostly known for his expressionist Noir work, especially PHANTOM LADY and THE KILLERS, but also photographed ROMANCE ON THE HIGH SEAS, which has a dazzling use of colored gels and depth compostion and also happens to be my favorite release if a WA three-strip film so far. Can't wait to see this.
I don't believe you'll be disappointed in the least.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
1657915656775.png

1657915706654.png

1657915770121.png

1657915938227.png

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I appreciate the fine review. I like the movie more than Matt as the movie always brings me so much joy that I'm constantly laughing throughout the movie. After each viewing, it leaves a smile on my face. This Blu-ray's video presentation is so beautiful that I'm still smiling writing this post. Just a fantastic job by Warner Archive!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
check out the great book memos from warner bros by - tons of info on don juan ---- on robin memos how much flynn wanted his wig fixed he made suggestions ---- this great pic has him being worked on in make-up on the wig --- wonder who the dog belongs to
1660084032098.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ontocloud9
Recent bookmarks