What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Alexa/Amazon Music/Amazon Echo issue (1 Viewer)

Roger Grodsky

Stunt Coordinator
I have been very happy with the quality and selection of Amazon Music and the sound from my two Echo Studio speakers that I have stereo paired. In the last few days, the system has been emitting a loud CLICK/POP sound before every track (always annoying, but particularly annoying during classical pieces). This happens when using Amazon Music or when saying something like, "Alexa, play The Beatles." It does not happen if I unpair the speakers and use only one or when I play Amazon Music through my Alexa-enabled Yamaha receiver. Rebooting my router seems to fix it for around three songs before it starts up again.

Yesterday I spent a long time on the phone with Amazon. With the agent, I

Unpaired, Reset, and paired both speakers​
Checked that the software was up-to-date​

One of the speakers is out of warranty but Amazon sent me a return label to send the other one in for repair or replacement.

Has anyone encountered this problem and solved it?

As I said, I have been very happy with the service until last week, but am now seriously considering switching to another service.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
We have several different Echo models, but nothing paired for stereo like your setup. We rarely have any playback issues, and when issues do occur a simple reboot of the offending device does the trick.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I play Amazon music thru my Denon AVR and it sounds fabulous. I can use the standalone app to connect to the AVR or the HEOS app. The HEOSS app is pathetic, no playlists, I can’t even see the playlists I created with the standalone.

About a couple of weeks ago, using the standalone, songs would skip to another song near the end (10-30 seconds left). It’s abrupt and irritating and happens often. It’s always at the end of songs, always. I’ve been to the Amazon forum and no solution. Now I’ve got upper level techs working on it and no solution yet.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Considering all the trouble I had with Amazob Music over the years, my only suggestion is basically: wait for Spotify HiFi.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks