What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Amazon reduces free shipping fees (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
What I need is a Free Shipping program without all the other stuff I can't use/don't want. I truly wish they'd go to Tiered Prime -- one for classic Shipping Only for $50-75, and Prime Premier for $120.

I'd go in for that as well. The Prime Streaming is usually redundant for me - my wife already subscribes to Netflix and Hulu for the house, and those are non-negotiable for her, and I already have HBO Now for new programming but HBO Now also carries the same back catalog HBO content that Prime streams as well. Technically speaking, the quality of Prime streaming on my AppleTV device is inferior to all other streaming services that I use on the same device. So I'm just not getting any value from the Prime streaming offerings.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^It actually looks to be them "price" matching Best Buy again as BB instituted free shipping on everything (through the Holiday period - like they've done the past couple of years) sometime last week. Although Amazon still has their "add on" crapola that won't ship unless it's a $25+ order.

If things go this year as last with BF "sales" I'll likely drop Prime. I spent 3 times more at BB and Target than Amazon last year with Amazon only being used for items that were not available anywhere locally. The prices were the same (Amazon was PMing them) but the return period and price guarantee are better with the local stores. About the only time I prefer Amazon over local is if the local option is Walmart. They, far more than Amazon, kill local businesses with their practices.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
I wish WM would bring back price matching. We shop there for 90% of our grocery and other needs but once in a while I have to go to places like Target or BB to grab an item that is cheaper or on sale. I love shopping at Walmart, they have pretty much everything I need.

KeithDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Keith
t's a shame that you don't have a decent brick and mortar chain like HMV in the US. HMV's online service is also very good and it's usually my first port of call because they have a minimum of £10 for free shipping and they ship within a day or two. I only use Amazon for stuff I can't get anywhere else.

Like most of the film and music retailers, HMV took a hit from the internet revolution but it's still around because it adapted and gave people what they wanted.

Until today....

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/last-shop-on-the-high-street.360291/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnedunn
Recent bookmarks