What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Angel in My Pocket 1969 - Andy Griffith MOD DVD? (1 Viewer)

lendrena

Agent
Real Name
Matt
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and not as knowledgeable in some areas of film, but I think this is right.

I found on Amazon what looks like a 13-November-2020 release of Angel in My Pocket as an imported MOD NTSC DVD?

I searched the forum and found no mention of it, curious if anyone can confirm.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Welcome to HTF, Matt!

Amazon says it's temporarily out of stock. Listing notes region free DVD release by 'La Entertainment', based in New South Wales Australia, which has been the subject of some conversation lately over in the TV on DVD and Blu-ray threads concerning a 'Combat!' complete series and single seasons release.

La Entertainment does have a wholesale website: https://www.laew.com.au/

On their website there is a contact Email [email protected]

If and when Amazon has it available again, I'll order Andy Griffith's Angel in my Pocket . It was produced by Universal in 1969. I haven't seen it in years, but I remember liking it first run. It's quite affordable, and returnable if the picture transfer quality might be disappointing, so why not?
1605081132470.png

Last edited:

lendrena

Agent
Real Name
Matt
I bought the movie on ebay from the seller "blowitoutahere".

It appears to be the same product as what I found on Amazon.com. Barcode 9317486003953.
The cover is the same, the text and the drawing of Andy Griffith, etc. It says "NTSC-ALL, Aspect Ratio 4:3" on the back.

I ripped the movie to my computer. The filesize is 4.0 GB and runtime is 01 hour, 44 minutes, 30 seconds (01:44:30) long.

I am not an expert on grain, color grading, film restoration, etc, but in my opinion, this is very poor quality and I am disappointed in my purchase. There is a black bar on top and bottom of the image, making the film itself quite small. The color and detail is very faded and dull. I attached screenshots for detail. I believe the film could look much better since IMDB says it was filmed in 35mm Techniscope. Perhaps the master (is that the right word?) / source needs expensive restoration and is deteriorating? I hope that the film is properly released some day.

I hope that I did not receive an unauthorized copy (some random person digitizing a VHS tape). I have seen that before with films that were never released to DVD or blu-ray. If this is an official disc from La Entertainment, I will probably return it and ask for a refund.

Attachments

• mpv-shot0003.jpg
    mpv-shot0003.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 162
  • mpv-shot0004.jpg
    mpv-shot0004.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 153
  • mpv-shot0010.jpg
    mpv-shot0010.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 168
  • mpv-shot0012.jpg
    mpv-shot0012.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 168
  • mpv-shot0016.jpg
    mpv-shot0016.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 157
  • mpv-shot0019.jpg
    mpv-shot0019.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 158
  • mpv-shot0018.jpg
    mpv-shot0018.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 145
  • mpv-shot0021.jpg
    mpv-shot0021.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 156
  • mpv-shot0024.jpg
    mpv-shot0024.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 150
  • mpv-shot0027.jpg
    mpv-shot0027.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 152

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
I purchased the DVD copy of I'D RATHER BE RICH from La Entertainment and I will never purchase anything from them again. It was recorded from a TV airing with a "Drive-In Classic" logo in the bottom right that stays up throughout the entire film. There's also been commercials edited out as there are very abrupt fades to black and edits.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I’ve always wanted to see this film, but I’ll pass on the LA version.
Kino Lorber has a deal with Universal. Maybe it will show up there?

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I purchased the DVD copy of I'D RATHER BE RICH from La Entertainment and I will never purchase anything from them again. It was recorded from a TV airing with a "Drive-In Classic" logo in the bottom right that stays up throughout the entire film. There's also been commercials edited out as there are very abrupt fades to black and edits.
Sorry to hear that. I had "I'd rather be rich" in my amazon basket. Almost bought it the other day. Too bad you took a hit. But thanks for the infomation.

moviepas

Supporting Actor
I live in Australia and I can't get their pages to open and no one here has mentioned them to me. The dates on the home page from Google mention copyright 2015 and pages dated 2017 that don't open, at least for me. The real genuine third party people are in my city. They are Madman/Umbrella, and, Shock who also have the Limited Edition Paramount material. I have a couple of those because of US Blu Ray reviews but they don't seem to advertise them well in their home territory.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks