What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Any news on ALICE or MAMA'S FAMILY? (1 Viewer)

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Is Warner planning on releasing any season sets of ALICE or any more season sets of MAMA'S FAMILY? It's been a very long time since either first appeared on dvd. Just thought it might be worth asking about. :)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Alice S1 is on iTunes.

And I said it before, but I'll say it again, if Warner can't get the rights to uncut episodes, then Mama's Family is not on DVD.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
You can't burn those on a dvd though, can you? I don't see what the point is if you can't watch it on your tv. I'd have to sit there and watch it on an iPod. Dumb.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I agree, but unfortunately Warner does not. You've seen their track record with sitcoms. It's not pretty. Name one sitcom not starting with the letter F that made it to season 2 with them.

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
^Gilligan's Island
2 1/2 Men
Perfect Strangers (1st & 2nd seasons combined on first release);)

They have also distributed Martin & Everybody Loves Raymond for HBO.

But I agree, WB's out put of sitcoms has sucked. They have tons of great sitcoms sitting in their vaults.

I had hoped that now that Raymond & Tales From the Crypt are done and Martin just has one to go that they would get around to more of Night Court, Mama's Family, Growing Pains etc. But this year's output so far (of sitcoms) has been even very low.

Also, there have been no chats this year so we don't know what is going on with them. It's very frustrating.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I was wondering about this too. At least, we would have some indication of what, if anything, is coming. Maybe they don't want to face the throng of fans bombarding them with tv-on-dvd questions. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks