What's new

Anyone Going/Been To Macworld? (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
So with Macworld Expo in San Francisco scheduled for the 1st week of January this year, I'm thinking of extending my holiday vacation and making the pilgrimage to Mac Mecca. I'm curious if

1) Anybody here has been before and has any experiences and/or tips they'd like to share.

2) Anyone is going (or thinking of going) this time and would be interested in meeting up.

Thanks!

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
I may be there. Sometimes I don't find out until the week before the show if my firm is going to ante up (probably want to see year-end financials), so it's not uncommon for me to be scrambling for a hotel room at the last minute.

If you plan on attending any of the panels, make sure to book early to save money. Don't bother lining up at the crack of dawn to get into the main hall for the keynote unless you have the top of the line platinum pass. Everyone else can go into any one of several cavernous overflow rooms where there is plenty of seating. Not even sure the one we were in two years ago for the iPhone unveiling was half full.

If you just plan on visiting the exhibition hall and not going to any of the panels, don't bother to pay for the exhibition hall pass ahead of time. There will be several web sites that will have a promo code for a free hall pass. Some local business will even be giving them out. One year the Borders in Union Square was handing them out for free by the fistful.

Do make sure to pay a visit to Thirsty Bear Brewing Company for outstanding microbrews and tapas.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Living in the Bay Area I have gone several times only because it was work related. In all honesty I would not go if I had to pay for things like hotels and meals out of my own pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unbob
Recent bookmarks