What's new

Apartment Wired for Sound (1 Viewer)

Michael Holland

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
Hello all,

I'm not sure if this is the best place for this, but as the livechat with fellow newegg users is no longer in service (No idea when that happened), I've been having trouble getting a solid answer.

I moved into my apartment and found that there are speakers on every floor. I would really like to hook them all up to a device (or multiple devices) and be able to control the audio wirelessly from my phone if possible.

The speakers are as follows:

3rd floor - Bedroom - 2 Optimus pro 77 speakers 40-2057
2nd floor - Living room - 2 Bose 151 se Speakers
1st floor - Basement - 6 wall Infinity TSS-750 speakers and one infinity subwoofer

The basement is also where all the wiring runs. Is there an inexpensive solution to my problem? Ideally I'd like to play music throughout the apartment, but if it will work with television too, that would be great. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
These days, I think the simplest way for multi-room audio is to buy some Sonos speakers or such and be done with it.

If you’ve got a mishmash of speakers all wired to a “homerun”, you can look for a receiver that supports multiple zones, with smartphone app control, and setup your home audio system there.

As Wayne said, you may best served by having home-electronics service come out to assess what you’ve got and what can be done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tok
Recent bookmarks