What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Apple Mail Inbox Shows Deleted Items (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
When I do a search of my mail in the inbox, I get a list of those items that qualified. I delete one and it goes away and then shows right back in the list. Even though I've selected my inbox, apparently Mail shows whatever qualified in the search, even when it's in the trash.

I haven't found an option to fix this.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I think its a bug, mine started doing that for my work email account and it sucks. I finally just deleted the account and installed the Outlook app and enjoy it more now, and the bug is gone. Also use the gmail app for gmail.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I had already gone to Preferences/General/When searching show results from/ and unchecked trash. But I did that in the middle of a search and that didn't fix it. Just now I started a new search and the problem is gone.

Apparently when Trash is checked, you've done a search, delete a mail item from the inbox, it goes to trash, and the search catches it and displays it. If find it odd behavior that the search that has finished, really hasn't finished.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Im glad I had the problem because I would have never tried the outlook app.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I stopped using Apple Mail long ago and couldn't be happier.

There's a bug where mail keeps downloading -- constantly --- from the server, even though it's deleted.

Been using AIRMAIL and POSTBOX. POSTBOX is probably the best, most fastest email client I have used. Very powerful. However, it still lacks the one thing that keeps me attached to AIRMAIL, at least on my laptop --- touchbar support.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I haven't seen that bug before, Ron. Thankfully, my MacBook Pro doesn't do that and the Mail app has always worked fine for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geogonz
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale