What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Apple's new IOS Catalina...A Disaster for film buffs! (1 Viewer)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I just installed Catalina. I weekly buy older and classic films. Now with Catalina there is no search functions for films that were in ITunes. There is NO FILTER for choosing which decade one could search films......1960's 1950's 1970's etc!
"Curated" is now another word for censorship. Apple is forcing me to only see the movies that they recommend????? I now do not have access to all films that were available!!!! Please respond and fix this!!!!!!! Ken Koc

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm confused. Are you saying there is no search function in the Movies app? Or that you can't search for potential movies to buy?

BTW, Catalina isn't technically "iOS". It's Mac OS.

seanrt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
I have written Apple about the difficult to search their library for films.....decades and genres.
I also have filed Feedback on this. The TV app on Catalina is pathetic. Absolutely no way to access the full store for movies and TV shows.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
The TV app isn’t meant for shopping. I thought the Catalina upgrade was supposed to include an iTunes Store app just like the one on iPhone and iPad.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
It is impossible to find older films.....even though ones have been added....there is no announcement....no way to specifically find films from the 40s.
I did a search on Errol Flynn....There is a new addition...Edge of Darkness in HD. It's one of my favorite films...very powerful .
Had I not spent an hour trying to navigate this horrible TV app, I never would have know it was there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks