What's new
World Wide Stereo

ARC Issues: Onkyo TX-SR343 to a Samsung Model# UN65NU7100 UHD TV (1 Viewer)

jackomo

Auditioning
Real Name
John
Good Morning: I use the ARC function on both the TV(Samsung# UN65NU7100) and the AV Receiver(Onkyo# TX-SR343) for my 5.1 surround sound. I connect them with an Ivanky 3.3' 2.1 8k HDMI cable. Every few days I lose the sound. I have to disconnect the electric plug(Onkyo) from the wall to reset. It will work fine for period of time and then I lose the 5.1 surround again. Is there a way to isolate the problem in order to identify whether it's a problem with the receiver or TV. Onkyo tells me it's a communication problem, not an equipment problem. Can this be resolved? Your Thoughts. When this is working properly it sounds Great. Thank You
Jackomo

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Did you try an optical cable? Otherwise welcome to ARC. Its very flaky and some tvs just don't work nearly as well with it as they claim.

EDIT: a quick Google search resulted in other people with Samsung tv models experiencing your same problem. Smoking gun.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks