What's new

Are Sony and Paramount the only major studios NOT doing MOD? (1 Viewer)

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Right now, we have Warner, Universal and MGM who have opened their vaults for the MOD format. Are either Sony or Paramount planning on this? Was wondering if anyone knew. Thanks :)

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Yes, that's true. Not sure if Fox even owns anything that I would want released. Maybe some tv stuff.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Well, Fox owns a TON of stuff I want and if a MOD program is the only way they are going to see the light of day, so be it. Get with it, Fox!

neeb

Grip
Real Name
Gabriel
Um, can we sort a few things out about a quality MOD program will work before we start asking studios for them?

I'd love to see Sony do a program (NIGHT OF THE GENERALS! THE HELLSTROM CHRONICLE!), but there's a lot of low effort being put out and it's translating to the discs (MGM).

So until studios KNOW beyond a doubt how to burn these discs correctly, I can wait.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by neeb

So until studios KNOW beyond a doubt how to burn these discs correctly, I can wait.

Not only the burning, but the encoding and transfers as well - I don't mind off-the-shelf broadcast quality older transfers - but some films need better encoding.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I can't speak for MGM or Universal MOD releases, but I have a few from Warner Archive and so far they have been excellent. They seem like they are leading the way right now in this department. Other studios could take a lesson from them.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
I've experienced several glitches with Warner's archive discs (I Was a Communist for the F.B.I., When a Man Loves, etc.). If you don't find the problem within 2 weeks (or if the problem doesn't manifest itself in that time) Warner's refuse to replace the disc. So much for the aftercare we were told to expect regarding DVD-Rs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bipbop13
Recent bookmarks