What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Arrow (Season 7) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The seventh season of the emerald archer's saga will premiere Monday, Oct. 15 at 8/7c on the CW.

Season 1 thread
Season 2 thread
Season 3 thread
Season 4 thread
Season 5 thread
Season 6 thread

When we last left Oliver Queen, he had finally unseated Ricardo Diaz from atop the criminal enterprise that had taken over Star City's government and commerce. But his victory required a significant personal sacrifice: To obtain the FBI's assistance in bringing down Diaz, he agreed to publicly confess to being the Green Arrow and plea guilty to the federal charges against him. In prison, Oliver will have to survive amidst many of the supervillains that the Green Arrow took off the streets, including Bronze Tiger (Michael Jai White), Derek Sampson (Cody Runnels) and Danny “Brick” Brickwell (Vinnie Jones).

Colton Haynes is back as a series regular, having recurred as Roy Harper during the first, second, third, fourth, and sixth seasons. After recurring last season, Rick Gonzalez and Juliana Harkavy have been promoted to series regulars for Season 6.

Three of the infamous Longbow Hunters, mentioned in the final episodes of Season 6, will appear this season: Holly Elissa will play Red Dart, "a ruthless and precise killer." Michael Jonsson will play Kodiak, "a beast of a man with brute force". Miranda Edwards will play Silencer, "a master of stealth".

Comic-Con 2018 Trailer + First Look:

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
TVline interview with cast from Comic Con.

Comic Con Panel.

Last edited:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I actually was in attendance for the Arrow panel at SDCC before its first season premiere. Can't believe we are now gone through 6 seasons, with the 7th coming up in the fall. Katie Cassidy was the most well-known person on that initial Arrow panel at that time.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The decision to drag Diaz's story out is an albatross around the show's neck.

The rest of episode would have worked better for me if the previous season hadn't burned so much good will with the B team.

The prison stuff was compelling, as we see how Oliver reacts to a new environment.

The twist with the cutaway scenes was good one:
The cutaway scenes aren't flashbacks, or a parallel storyline. Instead, they're flash forwards, roughly twenty years in the future, with William all grown up and Roy Harper stranded or self-isolated on Lian Yu

It explains how Colton Haynes can be a series regular when Roy is off with Thea in the present day.

And because this exists in a shared universe where time travel not only exists but is not uncommon, anything can happen.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I have mixed feelings about the premiere. Yes, the stuff with Oliver in prison is good, assuming it doesn't stay that way for too long. No one tunes in to a show to see the main character in jail week after week.

The stuff with Diaz is so, so bad. He shows up at Felicity's house to kill her and doesn't? Why? Is that his character arc this season - to keep trying to kill Oliver's family? He's the biggest mustache-twirling villain the Arrowverse has ever seen. Tattoos that make him look evil? Check. Most raspy voice this side of Christian Bale's Batman? Check. Super bad attitude? Check. I mean come on. I know - beyond all good sense - that the actor is a series regular this year, but unless they kill him off and fast, this season is going to be one hell of a slog.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The season has been pretty strong so far. The latest episode, bolstered by the appearance of Talia, was the best yet this season. I hope they can keep this up, get Oliver out of prison before long and wrap up the Diaz thing. It's still pretty laughable that he's still around.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The season has been pretty strong so far.
This season, while by no means close to show at its strongest (Seasons 2-4), is definitely a significant improvement over the dreadful previous season.

It's pretty clear now that the new Green Arrow is Emiko Queen, Oliver's half-sister (shared father), destined to become the Red Arrow at some point down the road. In the comics, Shado is her mother but given that Oliver and Shado were around the same age on "Arrow" I'm guessing her mother is someone else -- maybe Talia.

I'm thinking that Maya in the flash forward storyline is Oliver and Felicity's daughter and William's half-sister. For that theory to be true, though, there'd need to be a reason why William and Maya don't recognize each other.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I have to say I am extremely tired of the writers looking for excuses to separate Oliver and Felicity. This game has been going on too long.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have to say I am extremely tired of the writers looking for excuses to separate Oliver and Felicity. This game has been going on too long.
Yeah, that's very tiresome. I had dropped Arrow from my viewing schedule for the last couple of years only to come back to it for this crossover event and find them still running hot and cold. Forget it!

The ratings last night were 50% ahead of what Arrow normally draws in the time period. People love these crossovers.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The ratings last night were 50% ahead of what Arrow normally draws in the time period. People love these crossovers.
I have Arrow episodes on my DVR that I haven't watched. I did see the Crossover episode last night (as well as the other 2 parts of the Crossover) and felt that I might not have missed much. Seeing that there was an end in sight of some of that suffering storyline may make those unwatched episodes more palatable.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The early scenes with Emiko crossing names off her list reminded me how badass and fierce this show was in it's early days. I miss that vibe for this show.

The introduction of Emiko Queen is a great way to fill some of the void left by Thea's departure -- all the more interesting because Oliver and Thea had a pretty great relationship growing up, while Oliver's trying to establish a relationship with Emiko under very fraught circumstances.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I enjoyed the introduction of Emiko. It gives the show a certain mystery it had been lacking lately, and brings back some of its roots. The flash-forward was interesting, and not what I would have expected. I am very tired of seeing Diaz.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I finally decided while watching this weeks episode that I’m done with arrow and pretty much all the CW shows with the possible exception of Legends which is at least entertaining. Arrow story line is beyond dull, and the flash forward is doing nothing for me. The Flash and Supergirls been terrible, Black Lightning has no characters I care about. Think other than Titans I’m done with the Berlantiverse

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's episode was actually really solid. Even Curtis did something bad ass.

And I love Oliver facing his family's legacy publicly, with a bit of thawing between Oliver and Emiko coming out of that. I always thought the Thea-Oliver relationship was the best part of this show. Hope they get some of that magic back with the paternal half sister.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks