What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

AT&T Announces Galaxy Note II for November 9th. Preorders Begin October 25th (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
AT&T Announces Samsung Galaxy Note II Available Nov. 9, Pre-orders Begin Oct. 25

Beginning Nov. 9 customers interested in picking up a Samsung Galaxy Note® II will be able to purchase one for $299.99 with a two-year agreement in all AT&T* stores and online. Online pre-orders for this highly anticipated device are planned for Oct. 25 at www.att.com/galaxynoteii.

Announced last month, the Samsung Galaxy Note II is one of the first smartphones launching at AT&T to feature a quad-core processor. Galaxy Note II uses a 1.6 GHz quad-core Exynos™ processor with powerful graphics capabilities. The Galaxy Note II is thinner and narrower than the first Galaxy Note, and it improves upon the original with longer battery life, as well as enhancements to the S Pen™. AT&T is the only carrier to offer the original Samsung Galaxy Note™ at $199.99 with a two-year agreement.

The Galaxy Note II will run on AT&T’s 4G LTE network. It will ship running Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) on its beautiful 5.5-inch HD Super AMOLED™ display, perfect for customers who want the productivity of a tablet with the portability of a smartphone. The 8-megapixel camera allows users to easily share their photos with friends through Share Shot, while S Beam™ lets you quickly share videos, pictures, maps and more with other Galaxy Note II and Galaxy S® III devices.

AT&T customers have access to the nation’s largest 4G network**, covering 275 million people. AT&T has two 4G networks that work together for customers, LTE and HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul. That means AT&T customers are able to enjoy a widespread, ultra-fast and consistent 4G experience on their compatible device as they move in and out of LTE areas. With other carriers, when you travel outside of their LTE coverage area, you may be on a much slower 3G network.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The unlocked versions are selling for >$700. $650 is the lowest I can see it, but that's how much they charge for an iPhone 5 off contract, and that's $199 with 2 year. I think it will be somewhere in the $700-$750 range.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Think I may end up getting this, instead of the S3, for the wife. She thinks she'll probably like it and probably won't be bothered by the size -- though she'll probably want to use a headset more regularly w/ it.

I'd probably get one for myself too, if I could get it as my company phone...

_Man_

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Good news for you, Ron -- the Note 2 may be $600 off contract. Mine is listed as $650 off contract, but that's for a 12 month contract, which is $50 over the 24 month price. This is Sprint, however. YMMV on AT&T.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Sprint is listing the Note 2 for $650 but Verizon is showing $699. So the AT&T version is probably one or the other.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Quote:
Good news for you, Ron -- the Note 2 may be $600 off contract. Mine is listed as $650 off contract

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Cost me $695 with tax so $650 was the off-contract price.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Going to try and sell my GS3 for $400 if that is possible[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]through ebay.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Otherwise $260 through Gazelle.[/COLOR]

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I see used GS3s on ebay for $400-$600, but I have no idea if they're actually selling. But I think if you go for $400, which is on the low end it should sell pretty easily.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I realized that if you sell the GS3 for $350, then you're essentially breaking even for the phone -- the price difference between the $650 and $350 is $300, which is what the GN2 would have cost you on contract anyway. Anything over $350 starts to defray the costs of the accessories you bought.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hanson,

Just put my GS3 up for sale on eBay.

Selling it for $420, but I thought I would include the shipping in that plus whatever charges I may incur.

It includes a nice Seidio case, brand new unused battery and charger.

Have never sold anything on eBay so I have no idea how it all works. Used Paypal for payment, but not sure what fees they and eBay take.

All new to me so I hope I did it right.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Just got my Note 2. Gonna play with it for a while before activating it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hanson,

Could you do a small writeup of your impressions of the phone?
I am particularly interested as to how well it fits in the pocket and hand
due to its much larger size.

Also how much you like the display.

Congrats on your purchase

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I haven't really gotten a lot of time with it yet, but here's what I've seen so far:

The display is very nice. At 50% brightness (I hate auto brightness) it's nice and vibrant, and from the limited time I've had playing with GS3 devices, it appears clearer and sharper. And yes, it is freaking huge.

Pocketability is no problem. It doesn't stick out of my pocket and I don't feel it jamming into my hip when I sit down. It is a tiny bit harder to maneuver in and out when I'm sitting down, but if I'm standing, it's no different from my 4.5" GS2.

I'm not sure what the percentage of one handed use will be, but make no mistake -- no amount of manual gymnastics will allow me to use this like my GS2. I could hit all fours corners with my thumb before. Now it's pretty much impossible. I'll see how that affects usage at home.

I installed Nova Launcher to increase the number of icons on the home screen. The Touchwiz default is only four columns but 5 in the dock. I changed it to 5 X 5. Maybe I'll up it to 6 X 5 depending on how much space there is. I haven't activated the phone yet and I don't have all of my contacts and such on there. I'm still slowly installing apps.

Browsing via Chrome is super fast. Faster than my GS2, faster than my Transformer Prime. The pages render at desktop-like speeds. This part is great.

The back isn't nearly as slick and slippery as I read about. Actually, it's got a friction feel to it (the Gray model at least) and between that and the even distributed weight, I can easily balance the phone on my fingertips. I can hold it at a 70 degree angle across my fingers without having to grip it.

Have not played with the SPen or the dual window feature. I'm still setting it up.

My first pet peeve is that I can't quite reach the Back key if I'm holding it in my left hand (which is my preferred operating hand). This really impacts one handed operability.

You can sideload Adobe Flash and use it in Firefox without having to do any special settings or workarounds.

Draw Something with a stylus is THE GREATEST THING EVER. Too bad my sister is the only one willing to play anymore.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hanson,

Finally have some time to sit and write while I wait at the airport
to fly home this morning.

You won't believe this....ready?......

I put my GS3 up on eBay yesterday. Have never really done eBay
before and was really nervous about it. I have a PayPal account so
I figured I would be protected if anything went wrong.

I set a price of $420. That included the case plus a brand-new
extra battery and charger. The $20, I felt, covered the charges that
eBay and Paypal would charge me.

In about 5 hours the phone sold. THE PHONE SOLD.

The bad news is that I didn't anticipate this fast sell, so I will be
without a phone for 2 weeks. However, just the fact that I was able
to sell this phone for a song was just incredible.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Lost the sale. My fault.

I sold the GS3 before the Note II arrived.

Thought it would be no problem but AT&T won't deactivate
one phone without me having another to activate --- which I
don't have.

I am not worried. I got several interested parties when I
put my phone up for sale. I am sure that won't change.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Is there any penalty from eBay for not going through with the sale?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I have no idea. I am going to have to write customer support.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks