What's new

Avengers: ENDGAME (April 26, 2019) [NON-SPOILERS] (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Now that's just bad news all the way around.

The guy was being a jerk and shouldn't have been spoiling. But people also shouldn't resort to physical violence. It's a great movie...but it is ultimately just a movie.

Why can't we all just get along and enjoy movies together? Sigh.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The movie made $1.2 billion dollars over the weekend. That's staggering. If I recall, the high estimate was for $950 million. It outperformed that by $250 million -- that's a full domestic gross for a successful movie.

I think we can safely say that we have by no means seen the last Avengers movie. There may be different characters in future installments, sure, but there is no way this is the last film titled "Avengers."

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
We are going to see this in 1 hour in Imax 3D. This is in keeping with our policy of waiting until the intense hype dies down for a film and we are at a matinee with 4 or 5 other people. From what I have read we may still be in a large crowd. I’ll report back.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think you’re a bit early thinking the hype has died down. ;)
Yeah, at my local theater, there's a show about to start in 5 minutes in their biggest theater and it's more crowded than on most Friday nights. It's Monday morning at 11 AM and it's nearly sold out so I think it'll be a couple weeks before the crowds die down.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
The baristas at my local Starbucks asked if I saw it. I said yes, but teased that it was "the worst shark movie ever made." That got a chuckle. It's pretty hard to discuss these things in public without giving anything away.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Got a note from someone I know who went to see it. Said it is better than any of the last Star Wars trilogy films.Might try again to see it tonight.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
My friend went to a 9:30 am Sunday showing. It was sold out. At 9:30 am. 9 freaking 30. That's a serious WTF. Not wanting to go home empty handed and not wanting to wait more than 30 minutes, he grabbed a 3D ticket for the 9:50 show. Predictably enough, he said many scenes including the entire final battle were overly dark and murky. In contrast, my Dolby Cinema showing was clear as day. Between the PQ and the subwoofer and rumble seat action, it was a sweet time at the movies.

I will say the excellence of Endgame spoiled The Battle of Winterfell for me. I was like, "that's nice, but it's no Endgame".

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
My matinee Imax 3D showing was indeed full, except for the nose pressed against the screen section at front. Luckily seating was reserved. We enjoyed the film thoroughly, and found the 3 hours flew by.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
On a strictly technical note: I saw both the IMAX 3D 1.90:1 version and the regular 3D 2.40:1 version. The 2.40:1 version didn’t feel as tightly cropped to me as it did with Infinity War. I prefer the IMAX version of Endgame but it didn’t seem to lose as much in translation to regular screens as Infinity War did.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Kind of over baked in some areas. Like they were going for feels and ended up just being melodramatic. Felt like it could have had 20 minutes cut from it and lost nothing. Other than that, it was decent.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
We all know that film is an art form that is very subjective. However, it still amazes me to a certain degree that a film can be universally loved by so many people, yet still have some people that feel quite differently. As humans we have so much in common, but there are major differences in each of us. One of those differences is how our brain and emotions processes a piece of art like a movie on the big screen along with our personal expectations for that movie. No doubt, it's a good thing as it encourages discussion among us.

Last edited:

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
One more note on our matinee. We as former education workers are always puzzled by the amount of school aged children who are at something like this Monday 11:00 a.m. matinee. Do parents think a movie is more important than school?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
We all know that film is an art form that is very subjective. However, it still amazes me to a certain degree that a film can be universally loved by so many people, yet still have some people that feel quite differently. As humans we have so much in common, but there are major differences in each of us. One of those differences is how our brain and emotions processes a piece of art like a movie on the big screen along with our personal expectations for that movie. No doubt, it's a good thing as it encourages discussion among us.
For me, I'm not particularly invested in what happens to the characters so while I'm entertained by the Marvel movies, I don't feel any emotion for the characters. That being said, I'm glad that other people are moved and love these movies.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
For me, I'm not particularly invested in what happens to the characters so while I'm entertained by the Marvel movies, I don't feel any emotion for the characters. That being said, I'm glad that other people are moved and love these movies.
So you didn't tear up once during this movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks