What's new

Barbara Rush R.I.P 97 (1 Viewer)

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Actress Barbara Rush has passed away at 97
MV5BMzBhZGY2MTMtMTdlNi00YzAwLWFiZWQtNmMyNjljNmU4ZmRlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI3MDk3MzQ@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Very sad to hear this, but 97 is a grand old age. What a delicate and ultra-feminine beauty Barbara Rush was, and a fine actress!

The first I heard of her passing was seeing author David J. Schow's post on FB yesterday (The Outer Limits Companion, The Outer Limits at 50)...I took this screengrab from his FB post...from It Came From Outer Space and her erotic fever-dream of an Outer Limits episode (also with sexy Vera Miles!) in the late season one episode with David McCallum, The Form of Things Unknown...and a recent picture of her when interviewed for David J. Schow's 'The Outer Limits at 50'...
Outer Limits 1.JPG

You know, I recently watched her in Strangers When We Meet (1960), a lush and evocative California suburban melodrama from Columbia that I wish was somehow on Blu-ray via Sony...where she's the neglected wife of Kirk Douglas' extramarital affair with knock-out Kim Novak...stunners both, with absolutely nothing to choose one over the other with...
1711983345245.png

1711983598996.png

R.I.P. Barbara Rush...

Last edited:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Very sad news as she was one of my personal favorites and anything she was in, I watched. She was in so many of my favorite films: her three with Douglas Sirk (Magnificent Obsession, Taza Son Of Cochise, Captain Lightfoot), The Young Lions, It Came From Outer Space, No Down Payment, Bigger Than Life, Hombre among many. A lovely lady and by all accounts a lovely person.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Very sad news as she was one of my personal favorites and anything she was in, I watched. She was in so many of my favorite films: her three with Douglas Sirk (Magnificent Obsession, Taza Son Of Cochise, Captain Lightfoot), The Young Lions, It Came From Outer Space, No Down Payment, Bigger Than Life, Hombre among many. A lovely lady and by all accounts a lovely person.
Captain Lightfoot could use a Blu release. The other 3 films off that Douglas Sirk collection put out by TCM on DVD back in 2010 are already on Blu from Kino.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Captain Lightfoot could use a Blu release. The other 3 films off that Douglas Sirk collection put out by TCM on DVD back in 2010 are already on Blu from Kino.
France released a very good blu ray of Captain Lightfoot in 2017 but alas, it appears out of print.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
France released a very good blu ray of Captain Lightfoot in 2017 but alas, it appears out of print.
I'll watch my 2014 BD tomorrow in honor of Barbara Rush's passing.

1712012119018.png

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I'll watch my 2014 BD tomorrow in honor of Barbara Rush's passing.

View attachment 218453

This is the release I own. "When the Chains Burn," if I'm not mistaken. She really was in so many excellent movies and was more than just an ornament. We'll always remember her marvelous contributions to her movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pmiller27
Recent bookmarks