What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

BBC Spring Summer releases (1 Viewer)

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
Just announced from BBCA.to be released in Apr, May and June.Campion Season 2, Coupling season 3,Doctor Who Curse of Fenric and The Two Doctors,East Enders- The Slaters (featuring material new to this country) Last of the Summer Wine, Monarch of the Glen season 2,Pennies from Heaven (the series not the movie)The complete To the Manor Born, and The complete Thin Blue Line with Rowan Atkinson.
Let the rejoicing begin. Although not on the new list
I believe Office season 2 has an April release date.
Best
Greg

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
Yep, The Office Season 2 appears to be set for an April 20th release.

http://www.bbcamericashop.com/defaul...d=2695&mdm=DVD

Sadly, I didn't see the titles that I was most hoping to find in this list. No Michael Palin travel series yet and no confirmation that Blake's 7 is coming to Region 1 through BBC Video/Warner at some point this year. I'd love to know the status on the latter before I break down and pre-order the Region 2 set (due March 1 for the moment).

WillardK

Second Unit
Pennies From Heaven will be very tempting. This one slayed me more than anything else from Potter (though I wonder if my opinion would change now that I'm older). It's much more involving than The Singing Detective (I know, I know... everyone and her aunt would disagree), and infinitely better than the Hollywood version (Christopher Walken notwithstanding). A defining moment for me of what good tv is rarely capable of... so very tempting.

Matt Stieg

Stunt Coordinator
Are we ever gonna get Michael Palin's Ripping Yarns? No DVD and the old VHS copies are out-of-print now as well. Glad to see Summer Wine, though.

MartEvans

Stunt Coordinator
They're releasing an Eastenders DVD after taking it off the air over here?... :angry:

Not wanting to get off-topic but BBCA stink.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I can't wait for To the Manor Born! It is my favourite BritCom along with "Keeping Up Appearances," which I will be able to complete my DVD collection of on February 3rd!

Andy

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Good news on Pennies from Heaven! I have been waiting for this one since seeing The Singing Detective. Hopefully this will be ready for my brother's summer visit -- he was completely blown away by TSD when I showed it to him last summer.

Deborah

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Aren't they also releasing a new R1 16x9 version of a Room with a View? I remember seeing something about "the BBC" releasing that new DVD to replace the old image version...

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
Great news on To The Manor Born. It's one of my favorites.
Meanwhile, does anyone know if we will ever get more than the last season of Good Neighbors?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks