What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Billy Joel/Heidi game (1 Viewer)

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Trunk did say the late local news is time-locked, and doesn’t get pushed back due to preceding programming running behind, so this was an unfortunate, but unavoidable situation (CBS would have had to do Heidi on the Masters to show the whole concert, but obviously wasn’t going to do that).
I actually didn't know about the pre--programmed thing. Is that a relatively new practice (clearly, its not my line of work)?
I remember in 2005 when CBS premiered "Walker Texas Ranger: Trial By Fire", the first (and only) "Walker" reunion movie, and a rather different situation occurred.. It was a Sunday night and an early--evening football game ran considerably overtime. Rather than pre-empt "60 Minutes" +/or whatever hourlong show followed (can't recall) in favor of starting the Walker movie at a "reasonable" time -- as I said, this was a Sunday, when many people can't stay up really late -- or reschedule the movie completely, CBS proceeded with its as--scheduled programming, resulting in "Walker" running nearly to midnight.. Consequently, ratings for the film (which ended on a major cliffhanger) were dismal. Over the years since, fans have hoped against hope for another reunion, esp. with a view to resolving the cliffhanger, but none has ever materialized.

728x90

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
:emoji_musical_score: The piano sounds like a carnival
And the microphone smells like a beer.
:emoji_musical_note:

<BLACK>

"Coming up on CBS6 News..."

=============================

I finally finished watching the concert last night. Too dumb. A clusterf*&$ that could have easily been avoided.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
:emoji_musical_score: The piano sounds like a carnival
And the microphone smells like a beer.
:emoji_musical_note:

<BLACK>

"Coming up on CBS6 News..."

=============================

I finally finished watching the concert last night. Too dumb. A clusterf*&$ that could have easily been avoided.
Would have been more perfect, if the show was cut off about 20 seconds later, when he and the band stop playing, just as the crowd takes over with singing the lyrics. 🤪

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks