What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Black Tights bluray? (1 Viewer)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Because the elements have decayed and there is no likelihood of anyone paying vast amounts of money to have them restored.

Being a major Cyd Charisse fan, I'd love to have this film on a really good Blu-ray disc but I don't expect ever to have the chance. There are two DVDs and both are very bad. Alas!

murrayThompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Murray Thompson
Because the elements have decayed and there is no likelihood of anyone paying vast amounts of money to have them restored.

Being a major Cyd Charisse fan, I'd love to have this film on a really good Blu-ray disc but I don't expect ever to have the chance. There are two DVDs and both are very bad. Alas!
Thats a real real shame!

nara

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hugh

I saw a 70mm print of it at Bradford about ten years ago, and seem to remember that it looked rather good, much better than the dvd's, but I can accept that the potential audience for a BluRay wouldn't really warrant the money required for a restoration.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member

Another vote for Cyd Carisse!

And there is hope as after all we already have releases of The Black Tulip and La Fayette so there certainly is a chance to also get this one or other obscure large format titles like Old Shatterhand or Carthage in Flames.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I saw a 70mm print of it at Bradford about ten years ago, and seem to remember that it looked rather good, much better than the dvd's . . . .
Well, that's some encouragement at least.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

Elements decayed?

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
What a fabulous film. I'd like even a decent DVD to replace the very poor one I own already ... although even that is worth the occasional viewing, if only for the wonderful Zizi Jeanmaire! And Cyd too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks