What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Boorman's Hope and Glory coming from Olive Films on 4/24 (1 Viewer)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Too late. I already imported it from the U.K. (Sony Label) at a much lower price and probably better quality than what Olive will offer.

PianoPlayer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry
I got the region-free Sony edition last month. Quality is SUPERB -- one of the best transfers I've seen.

Can't imagine Olive's edition being better, unless it includes some extras.

Dan_Shane

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan Shane
I hate to dump on a releasing company, since they are somewhat at the mercy of the studio providing the elements. But Olive is just failing to impress me the way KL and Twilight Time have when it comes to catalog titles. FATHER GOOSE and OPERATION PETTICOAT were barely acceptable efforts (especially for the price asked), but THE HALLELUJAH TRAIL release was no way to treat a major large format release. I'll not preorder another Olive effort again. I'd like to get my money back on THT; it's that bad.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I thought Strategic Air Command looked beautiful. I bought the signature edition OP and FG and thought they were much better than the original releases. Olive has released some films that I never thought would see the light of day. I think most of their releases have been quite good.

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
"Hope and Glory" is a wonderful, nostalgic film based on director John Boorman's memories of growing up as a child in Great Britain during WWII. Can't wait to see it again!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Too late. I already imported it from the U.K. (Sony Label) at a much lower price and probably better quality than what Olive will offer.
I know I just went on Amazon today and got it for like $11 , it's a Columbia title so Sony should actually have a perfect release.

deepscan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JP
I know I just went on Amazon today and got it for like $11 , it's a Columbia title so Sony should actually have a perfect release.

Actually since this was co-funded by Nelson Entertainment, it is actually licensed from its successor, MGM, so this would be an MGM title, even though it was a co-production with Columbia.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks