What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Custom Cover Built a shelf- would like some opinions for a question I have. (1 Viewer)

TrevorGage

Auditioning
Real Name
TrevorGage
Hi friends. Hope everyone is doing good.

Well I finally took the time and built a quick DIY shelf in my office. So far I'm very pleased but I have one concern that I'm hoping someone on reddit can chime in on? I made sure to have my last row about 2 inches above my heater. Heater is usually around 65-73 degrees and will probably be used until mid March here in NJ. I'm concerned about the heat and the bottom row of movies. I realize intense heat or cold is bad for physical media, but I'm wondering if I'm being overly cautious here?

There is a space on the bottom row with white board. I have a lot of acid free white foam core that I'm thinking of cutting up and placing below the bottom row to help with the heat. And yeah I already moved that black cable.

Thank you everyone for any help you can offer! Appreciate it.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If you posted a picture, Trevor...I'm not seeing it.

I'm no expert...but I wouldn't think a few months of mild heat at that distance would have much of an impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks