What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Cannon Complete Series Defective Disc (1 Viewer)

HubbaBubbaKid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Frankie
Hi all, just ordered the Cannon complete series (older version) and had heard that one of discs on one of the seasons had a problem VEI was aware of and had replacement discs if needed. can someone who had that problem clarify that for me? i tend to only watch a few episodes at first of a complete series set and i may not get to the problem disc until its too late for an exchange .

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I have the set you ordered, the 31 disc set, I've had it for a few years now. The disc I had a problem with was disc 3 of season 4, the episode titled The Prisoner didn't play properly. I contacted VEI about it and they informed me they were aware of the error and they sent me a replacement disc. So I would suggest you check disc 3 season 4 on your set and watch The Prisoner episode to see if it plays properly all the way through.

If you end up having to contact VEI, good luck with that because it seems their customer service isn't so good now as it used to be. I recently e mailed them asking if there's any chance at all that the Barnaby Jones series could be reissued with all unedited episodes, they ignored my e mail and didn't even reply to me. And if you call their customer service number, they don't even answer the phone, you get a recording that says to leave your name and number and they'll call you back. Not good.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
If you end up having to contact VEI, good luck with that because it seems their customer service isn't so good now as it used to be. I recently e mailed them asking if there's any chance at all that the Barnaby Jones series could be reissued with all unedited episodes, they ignored my e mail and didn't even reply to me. And if you call their customer service number, they don't even answer the phone, you get a recording that says to leave your name and number and they'll call you back. Not good.

They still never sent me that replacement fourth disc (fourth disc of first go) for my copy of that Petrocelli release-- I haven't tried since, because I thought, why bother?

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
They still never sent me that replacement fourth disc (fourth disc of first go) for my copy of that Petrocelli release-- I haven't tried since, because I thought, why bother?

So VEI has ignored you also, that's really uncalled for. VEI might as well just go out of business if they've adopted a policy to ignore customers concerns.

I also have the Petrocelli set, the one with the brown color scheme, but I haven't had a problem with the discs and they all play fine.

Last edited:

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
So VEI has ignored you also, that's really uncalled for. VEI might as well just go out of business if they've adopted a policy to ignore customers concerns.

I haven't purchased anything VEI in several years.

The local Wallyworld stopped carrying any VEI titles a few years ago. I wondered why this has been the case for quite awhile.

If VEI has been ignoring defective disc issues and quality control is still horrible, then I have to wonder if Wallyworld was just getting back too many returns of VEI dvd sets and they finally said "enough is enough". (ie. Did Wallyworld cut them off completely? )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks