What's new

Cheaper, Used native 1080p or 720p projector on a budget (1 Viewer)

iKokomo

Grip
Real Name
Carl Oak
I am looking for a cheaper, used native 1080p or 720p projector with HDMI from a good company (BenQ, Viewsonic, Optoma) to replace the one that unexpectedly broke.

I wanted to eventually replace the projector that broke with a 4K one when we moved to a bigger place in a year, but since my unexpectedly broke, I am looking for a cheaper, replacement that I can use for one year and then sell when we move and get a larger house.

Thanks!

iKokomo

Grip
Real Name
Carl Oak
Thank you. Used is probably the way I will go. My previous one was a cheaper, slightly less than 720p, therefore if I can spend less than 175, I can live with it for the next year until we move and I get my 4K.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I agree with @Jim517. I doubt you'll find anything worth considering for less than $500.00. I'll be listing my Panasonic soon but it will likely be priced closer to $800.00 (with a little wiggle room for HTF members) as it was one of the top 1080P models available in it's day.

Honestly, you might be better advised to just tough it out until you're ready for a 4K model. There are some great bargains in that segment and more are sure to be coming.

iKokomo

Grip
Real Name
Carl Oak
Quick question, I can get a brand new, cheaper Chinese branded Excelvan Q7 which is stated to be a native 720p. As stated before, I am only keeping this for a year until we move and I get a much better 4k one. Is the Excelvan Q7 (or equivalent) native 720p projector, be a suitable replacement for my broken non HD projector?

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A non-HD projector would have a native resolution of 480p, so even a cheap 720p projector should, in theory, give better PQ due to any HD source being displayed in a native HD resolution and any SD source being upscaled to the native resolution of the projector. That being said, native resolution isn't the only thing that can affect PQ. Other factors, such as contrast ratio, light output, colour accuracy and quality of the projector's optical components will affect the PQ.

Two reviews of the particular projector that you mentioned:

Judging by these reviews, the projector seems like it would be a good stop gap if an upgrade is planned in the near future. Take them for what they are worth to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks