What's new
World Wide Stereo

Choices on replacement display (1 Viewer)

GBed

Auditioning
Real Name
Gabriel
Hi, recently my 54" Panny plasma quit functioning properly and, paying for a Premier protection plan for my audio/video equipment through Direct TV, they have offered to replace it with one of three choices. The display is in a master bedroom where the 54" is actually a little overwhelming for that area and I could go with something a little smaller, say 46" and up. I used to be really into high end audio/video equipment, but have been too busy to keep up with all the new trends and features that come out annually, for the last 5-10 years, so, I'm not up to date on the best way to go. I could spend another $100-200 if I need to, on top of the cash option they've allowed. The display would be mounted with 4 bolts onto an articulating wall mount. Can I get some advice on the way to go here? I lean towards Samsung but I'm open to the best unit that would be most problem free, best pic and up to date features. The three options I have are: Samsung 55" UN55J6201AFXZA; Vizio 50" E50-F2 (I told them I could actually go a little smaller if they would give me more up to date features like 4K, etc); a cash out of $475 to purchase whatever I like. What's y'alls opinion, what would you purchase? What other displays in the $475 - 675 price range would you consider?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

JWC1969

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
Consider TCL. I have one in my basement for gaming for the kids. The TCL is outstanding value for the money. 4K. Dolby Vision. HDR10. Roku built in. Reviews across the board gush. (One example: https://www.cnet.com/products/tcl-55r615-2018-roku-tv/review/) Calibrates spectacularly. (I'm a THX-certified video calibrator.) 2018 models just coming out. Biggest issue is viewing angles but if it's a bedroom TV, my guess is you'll be relatively close to center. (Also, 55" is as small as they go I believe.) Best Buy sells a version with a less impressive remote for $50 less. No loss on remote. Save some money on an outstanding TV and spend the difference on a nice dinner with your significant other.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks