What's new

Clapton SACDs (1 Viewer)

Dennis_H

Stunt Coordinator
Went to Best Buy yesterday and didn't see any Clapton SACDs. Which ones were released? Are they hybrid, multichannel, etc? I'm hoping Slowhand is released on SACD. I want to hear The Core in multichannel...

BB is easily becoming Worst Buy. Hardly any DVD-A, SACD, and not even the new TSO Christmas disc. Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Fest DVD was $30. Guess I'll swing by CC on the way home for that one.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Dennis, apparently most BBs got one copy of the Clapton and Elton John discs. I saw all the Elton John ones (will hopefully pick them up this weekend with coupon - just picked up Peachtree Rd. today as it was $9.99), Slowhand was supposedly released but all I saw was Ocean Blvd. and Layla (which I bought and started a small thread). Circuit City is even worse, believe it or not. They have removed all their DVD-As and SACDs. My local store has 3 or 4 SACDs in the SACD kiosk area left, and stelth ones like the Stones and Dylan among the CDs. Circuit City online though has a decent selection and prices.

Dennis_H

Stunt Coordinator
So there are 3 Clapton SACDs, Slowhand, Ocean Blvd, and Layla? Any plans for more? Are they multichannel and/or hybrids? Thanks.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Dennis, those are the three. All are hybrids with stereo & multichannel hi-res layers.

Like Phil said, most Best Buys seem to be getting one of each. A friend and I cleaned out my local BB of all the new releases yesterday - he got "Slowhand" & "Ocean Blvd", and I got "Layla" and the 5 Elton John catalog titles.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Craig, I did not see Slowhand yesterday when I bought Layla so someone must have cleaned that out and when I went back today to get Peachtree Road for $9.99, Ocean Blvd. was gone.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member

I noticed this as well at my local store the SA-CD and DVD-A kiosks have been completely removed. The floor space apparently didn't justify the sales.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnthinkableSol
Recent bookmarks