What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Classic Sony 4K digital titles only on Amazon and FandangoNow (1 Viewer)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Has anybody bought any of these? These are 4K titles that were originally on Sony's now defunct download service. They have never been on iTunes or Vudu, but Amazon and FandangoNow have them for sale. The problem is, of course that neither Amazon nor FandangoNow have desirable streaming platforms. As they are Movies Anywhere titles, I would imagine that if you purchased them them would import into MA as 4K, but would the MA app even have them available as 4K playback?
Here's a short list (I'm sure there are many more that I haven't stumbled on yet)

It Happened One Night
On the Waterfront
The Guns of Navarone
Funny Girl
The Way We Were
The Mask of Zorro

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Has anybody bought any of these? These are 4K titles that were originally on Sony's now defunct download service. They have never been on iTunes or Vudu, but Amazon and FandangoNow have them for sale. The problem is, of course that neither Amazon nor FandangoNow have desirable streaming platforms. As they are Movies Anywhere titles, I would imagine that if you purchased them them would import into MA as 4K, but would the MA app even have them available as 4K playback?
Here's a short list (I'm sure there are many more that I haven't stumbled on yet)

It Happened One Night
On the Waterfront
The Guns of Navarone
Funny Girl
The Way We Were
The Mask of Zorro
For $18.99-19.99 for each title and it's Amazon. No thanks!

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

It Happened One Night
On the Waterfront
The Guns of Navarone
Funny Girl
The Way We Were
The Mask of Zorro
You sure about that? I own most of these and I think I got them from either iTunes or Vudu.

I never buy digital titles from Amazon or Fandango.

Edit. Nevermind. Missed the 4K part.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin

It Happened One Night
On the Waterfront
The Guns of Navarone
Funny Girl
The Way We Were
The Mask of Zorro
Many of those titles were on Sony's 4K survey last month as possible upcoming 4K disc titles.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Some of these titles have now popped up on Vudu in 4K:
The Guns of Navarone
Funny Girl
The Way We Were

I had already purchased Funny Girl 4K at Amazon Prime and it had imported into movies anywhere as 4K, so my Vudu copy just upgraded to 4K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks