What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Cobra Kai (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My thought is that Someone will get the Julius Caesar Treatment. Either Kreese or Silver will turn on the other. I think we will also find that Silver has done time in prison due to his business deals but it may not have been an American prison. It will be interesting to see how Daniel deals with having to defend Cobra Kai being admitted to the All Valley with Silver and Kreese in charge

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I think this is where the series will probably lose me, since I don't have the Karate Kid lore in my head / heart past the second film.

He's the founder of Cobra Kai, Kreese's buddy from Vietnam, and the bad guy from Part III. You're caught up. :)

No! NO!! DON'T YOU DARE DO THAT, TRAVIS. Terry Silver needs to be experienced. There *is* no ponytailed toxic waste-management CEO at all like him.

Last edited:

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
My wife and I started watching only a few weeks ago. Really late to the party, I know, but we’re really digging it so far. It had been forever since I had seen the original Karate Kid, so long even, that I couldn’t really remember a whole lot of it going in for a re-watch, but quite a lot was coming back to my brain in real time as it went, and a lot more came back than I had expected to. Luckily they were all on Netflix so we watched them all before starting Cobra Kai, including the Hilary Swank one. I feel I definitely hadn’t seen any of the sequels, as nothing really jogged any memories while going through them.

But we’re a couple episodes from the end of season two, and though its starting to feel a bit like a teen-show sometimes, we still really like it. And we’re glad we have two more seasons to watch, once season 4 hits. I haven’t read too far into the thread yet to avoid any end of season 2/all of season 3 spoilers, but it’s good to hear season 5 is gonna happen.

John*Wells

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Haven't the creators said that they wanted to do five seasons? Given the show's success, I wouldn't be surprised if that became six or seven but it may be better to leave the audience wanting more and let it go at five.

They have a roadmap for 6. Beyond that, they just signed a new Deal with Sony and Karate Kid related/Cobra Kai Spin offs are part of it

Season 4 dropping New Year's Eve
Yep. And Season 5 is Currently filming which means Release of that will likely come in the Spring or Summer of 2022. I'm pretty sure they are doing that because several of the Actors are shooting other projects. They also want to get Filming done before a Potential Stoppage due to Covid

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
They have a roadmap for 6.
As long as they have some idea of what they want to do, they'll hopefully keep a level of quality. I think the idea of having a plan can be overrated but I assume they knew that they wanted to eventually bring a new bad guy into the show to allow Johnny to learn from his mistakes and that helps keep the show interesting. I've seen people behind serialized shows use the analogy of knowing the destination but not knowing the route they'll take to get there and I tend to think that's a good way to proceed with those kinds of shows.

John*Wells

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It has been announced that the Season 4 Preview Trailer will drop December 9th per the Cobra Kai Series Twitter account .. Also Season 5 filming is nearing completion

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Season 4 Poster:
Cobra Kai Season 4 Poster

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
We’ve only watched one episode of the new season so far, but really enjoyed it. Will be fun watching over the next week and a half, maybe even less if we double up any days, which is what we have done on most of the seasons.

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
Have to say initially I wasn't crazy about the Terry silver returning angle but he may have been the most impressive part so far besides a few of the kids storylines ( mainly robby, tory, and hawk). Be interesting to see how far the show goes before the characters are college bound.

John*Wells

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Have to say initially I wasn't crazy about the Terry silver returning angle but he may have been the most impressive part so far besides a few of the kids storylines ( mainly robby, tory, and hawk). Be interesting to see how far the show goes before the characters are college bound.
I think the fact that they were able to get Thomas Ian Griffith to come out of retirement to bring Silver back cleaned up Karate Kid 3 a little bit. Robert Mark Kamen was on record stating he was against making that film. It made Silver look like a baffoon who knew Karate. Now with him in this season, that’s better explained

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
I think the fact that they were able to get Thomas Ian Griffith to come out of retirement to bring Silver back cleaned up Karate Kid 3 a little bit. Robert Mark Kamen was on record stating he was against making that film. It made Silver look like a baffoon who knew Karate. Now with him in this season, that’s better explained
Agreed. I always felt the story of KK3 was actually quite good if not better than part 2, but the film was a mess. I see many fans think part 3 should have been the first sequel and then end it in Okinawa.I don't know how I feel about that but Thomas Ian Griffith hasn't lost too much of a step in this return. And his acting along with kove made for many pleasant moments. I'm glad we see kreese as more than a one dimensional character. I hope he finds redemption of some sort. You can tell he still cares about johnny

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
S4 maintains the entertaining formula of nostalgia, old rivalries, teen angst, and occasional karate fights.

While some of the story beats are repetitive, eg.,

* LaRusso and Lawrence going through the routine of not seeing eye-to-eye, again;
* relationships and loyalties remain extremely fluid;
* Johnny's 80s-entrenched outlook and lack of internet savvy (which did mine some big laughs!), etc.)

I did like that they didn't go for the expected plot directions. Plus, adding some nuance and depth to the characters of Kreese and Silver, and exploring the dilemmas facing the adults and kids, made for a solid season.

Funniest meta joke: the mention of Glory of Love in a discussion about the band Chicago!

Looking forward to S5!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks