What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Press Release Columbia Classics 4k Collection (photos) (1 Viewer)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Regarding the packaging, each film comes in a typical black Vortex Eco-Lite case with an O-sleeve. So, yes, they can be shelved separately in whatever arrangement works for you.

On a completely pedantic note, the movies were arranged in the box in chronological order, although the exclusive bonus DVD, which contains a Gandhi-related documentary, was sitting next to the Strangelove disc on left side of the box, rather than with the Gandhi disc on the right side.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Now that the set has been released it is available to order from Target again. It is also included in the current buy 2 get 1 free promo Target is running. Current target price $112.99. Amazon is also including set in its buy 2 get 1 free promo .
Update. Must have been an error as both Target and Amazon have removed from the buy 2 get 1 free promo.

Last edited:

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
I was determined to remove the individual titles and put them on the 4K shelves to save space. But it is such a beautiful box, so it's going next to Casablanca. I just wish I had curtains in front of my screen, which I could part after the overture of Lawrence. just like the 70 mm presentations I went to. Bliss.
IMG_1393.jpg

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Now that the set has been released it is available to order from Target again. It is also included in the current buy 2 get 1 free promo Target is running. Current target price $112.99. Amazon is also including set in its buy 2 get 1 free promo .
Update. Must have been an error as both Target and Amazon have removed from the buy 2 get 1 free promo.

Nope - the "Classics" set is still there for B2G1 on Amazon! I just checked!

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Got mine today, and love it. The packaging is even better than expected, for both beauty and convenience. It’s so nice having the whole set, and still being able to place the movies on your regular shelving. The durable and beautiful cardboard slip covers are very nice, yet underneath are the traditional black plastic UHD cases. I sincerely hope they don’t cheapen it in the future, as is so common with TV series packaging.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Small beg for anybody who has redeemed their Digital Codes and doesn't use the Sony Rewards program, I'd love to have the dead codes -- just PM.
I think only 3 will register on Sony Rewards at least for now (Mr Smith, League, and JM). I'm not sure if they'll add the others to the program at some point or not.

If you do use the Rewards program and have registered those 3 in the past, will it let you register the 4K copy. Sony Rewards is very strange about that -- sometimes they treat them as separate registrations, sometimes they see them as the same item

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Having sold out almost as soon as it was released the set is back in stock at Amazon.
Price is $165 not the $229 currently showing on the link. Not cheap but cheaper than the prices on Ebay. So far Amazon seems to be the only store offering the set again. Again this is from Amazon, not a 3rd party. Barnes and Noble lists it as temporarily out of stock online. Also available at Amazon italy apparently without the Digital Codes which don't work on international purchases anyway. 4K discs are region free,

Last edited:

DanH1972

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
Having sold out almost as soon as it was released the set is back in stock at Amazon.
Price is $165 not the $229 currently showing on the link. Not cheap but cheaper than the prices on Ebay. So far Amazon seems to be the only store offering the set again. Again this is from Amazon, not a 3rd party. Barnes and Noble lists it as temporarily out of stock online. Also available at Amazon italy apparently without the Digital Codes which don't work on international purchases anyway. 4K discs are region free,

They are selling for about full retail. I paid $89 plus shipping for mine. I'm glad I jumped on the set the minute it was available. Sony sent me out a replacement Lawrence extras disc extremely fast too via FedEX.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I watched the iTunes 4K / Dolby Vision version of Lawrence of Arabia last week. The excellent quality of that presentation is more than enough to satisfy me until such a time as Sony hopefully releases it separately on UHD.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Just curious. Was replacement disc for the missing extras for "Laurence of Arabia" ever sent? Did anyone get a set with the correct disc?

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Seems to be hope for those who are waiting for individual releases of the Volume 1 films per the Digital Bits. Germany is getting 3 of the 4 remaining films on July 8, 2022. Hopefully a USA release will be announced soon.

• Jerry Maguire (single-film SKU) (US/UK/DE) – TBA 2022 (due 7/8/21 in Germany)
  • Gandhi (single-film SKU) (US/UK/DE) – TBA 2022 (due 7/8/21 in Germany)
  • Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (single-film SKU) (US/UK/DE) – TBA 2022 (due 7/8/21 in Germany)
  • A League of Their Own (single-film SKU) (US/UK/DE) – TBA 2022
Actually Amazon in Germany shows 2 are already available but shipping is higher than the cost of the discs,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertTheBob
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale