What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Comic Collecting (1 Viewer)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I've been getting the Terry And The Pirates volumes too. Though I'm surprised that I didn't wait until they went out of print so I can spend four or five times the cover price.

Meant to reply to this earlier. The Clover books will be the third time I've collected Terry and the Pirates. I collected the entire 12-volume run (one year per volume) of NBM's original release from the mid-1980s. I was ordering them directly from NBM, and they -- without my asking -- sent me the same number (#163) for each volume. I passed on their second release set, which had the Sunday strips in color instead of b&w.

When I started diving into collecting strip collections, I managed to scare up all six (two years per volume) of IDW's release, all below list price.

I ordered the volumes 1&13 bundle direct from Clover, but have gotten the rest (so far) at discount prices.

It'd be nice if once they're done with Terry, they'll move on to Steve Canyon, though it might be better if they pick up where IDW's run ended before covering what IDW has already done.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
There were four volumes of the DC Archives of Sgt. Rock. I'm still missing v.3, which I've been unable to find at a reasonable price. They were one of only three war comics titles reprinted in this format. The other two were Blackhawk (one volume of Golden Age stories) and Enemy Ace (2 volumes, also with art by Kubert)
Well, crud. I have the first three volumes, wasn't aware there was a Volume 4 of Sgt. Rock. Outrageous pricing for this one as well.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Just got a shipment from Fantagraphics with the latest 3-volume set of Prince Valiant and a volume of Popeye Sundays. But the real (somewhat unexpected, but not really) treat was the book Dauntless Dames by Trina Robbins & Peter Maresca. It takes a look at 10 newspaper strips with female protagonists, mostly written/drawn by women. Some are well-known (such as Brenda Starr and Miss Fury), some I collect what I can (Connie and Flyin' Jenny), others I'd never heard of before but look interesting (Deathless Deer and Cairo Jones). Best of all, each one is accompanied by anywhere from 12-30 reproduced Sundays (some half-page, some full-page).

Dauntless Dames.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks